1753787 Members
7472 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

srp -export of a system container but with list of exported paths

malc_p
Occasional Advisor

srp -export of a system container but with list of exported paths

I was wanting to use 'srp -export' to essentially back up the contents of an HP9000 container created on an Itanium machine using "srp -add <name> -t hp9000sys" (we have two hp9000 system containers on the machine at the moment with the likelihood there may be one or more added at a later date and our consultant advised we have to to use system templates in our case).

However the only switch available is "ok_export_dirs yes|no". If I want to export the container contents I use "yes" but I have a 500Gb Informix database that is backed up separately that I don't want to include in the export; the paths I do want to export only total 50Gb or so. I can't use the "export_copy_dirs" option to list paths I want to export becuase that's only available on a container created with a 'workload' template.

Does anyone know of workarounds in this case? Can I convert it to a 'workload' template?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
IN-PX - C007
Occasional Advisor

Re: srp -export of a system container but with list of exported paths

Hi,

cp(rsync) content without DB in new dir /var/hpsrp/<whatever>  and then create the desired container - restore Informix DB  in the new container. 

Regards

Thomas