Web and Unmanaged
1753823 Members
8889 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Two HP v1910 48G conflicting each other?

PaxFactus
Occasional Contributor

Two HP v1910 48G conflicting each other?

At our school we just install two v1910 48G.  Ever since Our network keeps freezing up.  Our wireless devices stop obtaing IPs.  When I reset both switches, network goes back to normal for a while.  Maybe not mess up untill tomorrow.  I have searched all over the internet for a similar issue, but cant find one.  Are the two switches conflicting eachother?  Stack has been disabled in the Web interface.  Not sure if that would make a difference anyway.  The switches are in two separate buildings.  I am attaching my log.  One switch is listed on log "HP-HSLAB-SW01".  But the other is not listed in log for some reason.  Its hostname is "HP-ELEMLAB-SW01".  I still have to reset both switches in order for WAPs to reprovision and computers to stop lagging.  When I say computers, I mean 100+ on our network.  Am I missing something?  This is the first HP switches I have ever purchased.

P.S. This thread has been moved from  ProCurve / ProVision-Based to Web and Unmanaged. -HP Forum Moderator

1 REPLY 1
Vince-Whirlwind
Honored Contributor

Re: Two HP v1910 48G conflicting each other?

The hostname doesn't help us much - we would need to see the switch config.

Maybe you haven't enabled spanning-tree? First-time users of HP switches can be caught out because they might be used to buying switches that have spanning-tree already turned on by default.