1752689 Members
5369 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Using ACL to filter traffic

MarkJørgensen
Occasional Collector

Using ACL to filter traffic

Im trying to filter incoming traffic to a specific IP on a port via ACL on a HP1910-8G (JG348A).

The advanced ACL im using has 4 rules like this one with different ports for each rule:

10 permit tcp source source-IP-address 0 destination target-IP-address 0 destination-port eq destination-port

I have also set up a class with that ACL, a behavior and a QoS policy with the class and behavior.  When i then set that QoS policy, depending on what filter rule in the behaviour i set (permit/deny), either no traffic or all traffic gets filtered out.

I have read the user guide section on ACL and QoS and the ACL/QoS example, i have searched for guides or examples on how to do this correct

What am i doing wrong?

3 REPLIES 3
Vince-Whirlwind
Honored Contributor

The purpose of ACLs in relation to QoS policies is not to filter traffic out, but to identify it for action.

So if some traffic matches your ACL, then it is seen as belonging to the associated class, then any policy applied to that class will be applied.

Using ACLs to filter traffic has nothing to do with QoS classes or policies - it is applied to an interface.

MarkJørgensen
Occasional Collector

Ok, so i have to apply the ACL directly to an interface instead of through a class/behavior/policy?

If yes, then i cant find the option to do that in the Web UI. Is it that a CLI only option?

Vince-Whirlwind
Honored Contributor

I had a quick look at the 1910 manual, it isn't obvious where the ACLs are applied.

Sorry.