New Discussion

Re: Video streaming multicast with V1910

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jerome_circus
Visitor

Video streaming multicast with V1910

Hi everybody,

I deploy a solution with Planet Digital Signage PoE products (http://planet.com.tw/en/product/product_list.php?id=29025), I have one transmitter and several receivers. This product offer the possibility to stream a HDMI source over the network through a multicast communication

For the deployment, I choose to work with V1910-8G-PoE (180W) switches that handle the IGMP protocol, but I have some difficulty to understand how I need to configure the switch.

I configure the system like this:

1. I define a new VLAN (ID 200) only for this.

2. The planet module is configured in ip range 172.16.200.0/32:

- 172.16.200.1 for transmitter

- 172.16.200.10, 172.16.200.11, ... for receiver

3. I have a 1st switch (called BackboneTV) in the network room with a VLAN interface 172.16.200.254 on VLAN 200. The transmitter is connected to this switch and also 3 receivers. I used this IP as default gateway on each Planet module.

4. I have another switch placed in another room (called EntryTV). This switch doesn't have VLAN interface for the VLAN 200.  I have 3 others receivers connected on it.

5. I have another switch in a third room (called PokerTV). This switch doesn't have VLAN interface for the VLAN 200.  I have 3 others receivers connected on it.

For beginning, I try to work with a simple configuration without enabling IGMP Snooping. If broadcast simple ads images, I don't have any problem. But when I broadcast a movie, the images are jerky, every 5-10 secondes, the image freeze for 1 second.

When I disconnect a switch (PokerTV), this problem doesn't appear. I replaced this switch (formelly a DLink PoE switch for a HP switches), but the problem still the same.

I think that the problem is come from the managing of the IGMP multicast, so I try to enable IGMP snopping, but the system stop working between my switches. I only have the display for the receiver connected to the same switches than the transmitter.

I try with changing several options in this menu, but the problem still the same.

Any advices are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Jerome

2 REPLIES 2
Jerome_circus
Visitor

A little return on my problem.

When I enable the IGMP Snooping on the switch, the broadcast sended by the transmitter doesn't arrive on the others switches. But if I try to ping the Planet module, I receive a response, so the traffic works.

Finally I found that the problem with jerky display is due to an option on the Planet module. So I resolve my initial problem.

But I want to understand how the IGMP snooping works to manage the multicast. Maybe it's an option I can use for further project.

Jerome_circus
Visitor
Solution