Operating System - Microsoft
1748038 Members
5145 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

2008 Foundation failing Windows Updates. Can I run an in place upgrade from server 08 standard disc?

DenzelTPA

2008 Foundation failing Windows Updates. Can I run an in place upgrade from server 08 standard disc?

I have a customer where I came on board a few months ago.  I have slowly been getting their systems in order.  From what I can tell the previous company did not leave them any recovery software.  The server is failing windows updates at this point and Microsoft KB says run system readiness tool which i did with no luck,  The other solution is to do an in place upgrade or overlay the OS.  Windows Server 2008 Foundation is the OS.  I am having no luck finding this image.  Its like a protected asset.  I have called HP and Microsoft...The original sale was from the old IT company and they are no help!!! I would purchase a new license just to get the media.   Im looking for some advise on this.  I would go to R2 and buy another license or what ever but I still need the media to upgrade.  I have a valid OEM key..

Ideas would be greatly appreciated.