Operating System - Microsoft
1752786 Members
5945 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Other devices, but no drivers on DL380 G5

Enlighten

Other devices, but no drivers on DL380 G5

First off, my apologies if this was covered or resolved previously, but searching didn't bring up any results for me.

We currently have a DL380 G5 server in production, and we have a removable HDD attached for backup purposes. Once the device was attached I noticed it wasn't displaying in computer management and I couldn't initialize the drive at all. I checked the Device Manager and found there are 2 devices with yellow marks beside them:

Base System Device
IPMI Interface

This server was placed in production about a month an a half ago, I believe we used Smart Start 8.00 to install Windows 2008 x64 Enterprise Edition. Is there a driver available for this at all or a way to resolve this? My searches have not given any results.

Much appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Re: Other devices, but no drivers on DL380 G5

Dear En:

If you remove the drive (USB?) do either of the items flagged in Device Manager go away? Please post the mfgr/model of the HDD. Thanks and make a great day!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Stoya3
Occasional Visitor

Hi,
go to device manager - USB root hub - properties, and check power management:
Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power...

stoya
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

try installing PSP 8.15

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=1121516&swItem=MTX-a60c44a46d344272bf17ff919c&prodNameId=3288134&swEnvOID=4024&swLang=8&taskId=135&mode=5

when you extract the PSP in the folder look for a file .cmd extension and execute it

bye
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!