Operating System - Microsoft
1748044 Members
5119 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Password Recovery - Windows Server 2003/2008

Lonlone Lee

Password Recovery - Windows Server 2003/2008

I have an issue with the local Adminstrator passwords. The servers are not on a domain and all I have is the local Adminsitrator account. The servers are ProLiant DL380 G6's. Has anyone had any success with any Windows Password Recovery Tools and these servers? The tools that I've tried aren't able to recognize the array and therefore can't find the Windows Partition. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
11 REPLIES 11
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor

Re: Password Recovery - Windows Server 2003/2008

I used Offline NT Password & Registry Editor on Proliant servers - works great
http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/

You can find more utilities here:
http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm
tannpopo

mujahidzain

Hi

Did you find the solution as i am also in the same situation let me know it would be helpful

thanks
lauckywhat

This is very boring, but don't think it trouble.
Once I met the same problem.
And my friend recommand me to free download a software to reset password.
Called Password Recovery Bundle
password Password Recovery Bundle is a multifunctional tool to recovery many kinds of password.
http://www.recoverlostpassword.com/products/passwordrecovery.html
syonxu
Occasional Advisor

Here I collect some popular solutions to help reset HP laptop password if your laptop installed Windows system such as Windows 7/Vista/XP.

Solution 1 Reset HP laptop password by another user account with administrator privilege.

If you have another available user account as administrator, you can use this account to reset other user password when you forgot HP password. Take Windows XP for example, follow the steps bellow:

Step 1: Login Windows as administrator, click тАЬcontrol panelтАЭ and open тАЬuser accountsтАЭ to access users list.

Step 2: Click whichever user account which you want to reset its password, select тАЬchange the passwordтАЭ or тАЬremove the passwordтАЭ.

Step 3: Type a new password in the тАЬNew password boxтАЭ and type it again to confirm. Input a password hint or not then click тАЬOKтАЭ to complete HP password reset.   

Note, there is a hide Administrator account was created in our computer when we install Windows system. You can login with it in safe mode.

Step 1: Press F8 immediately when restart your HP laptop to access safe mode.

Step 2: Refer to the 2,3 step above to reset password of whichever user account.

Solution 2 Reset HP laptop password with Offline Windows Password & Registry Editor.

Offline Windows Password & Registry Editor is a famous software which can be used to reset HP laptop password that installed Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/VIST/WIN7/2008 when you lost HP password, but note that it just can reset Windows local password. If you want to reset domain password, you can use another popular software, Windows Password Rescuer, to reset it on Windows 2008/2003/2000. Get to the point, here are the steps to reset HP password:

Step 1: Download Offline Windows Password & Registry Editor and required software such as CD burning tool or USB burning tool.

Step 2: Burn the Offline Windows Password & Registry Editor ISO file to a blank CD or USB drive.

Step 3: Set your HP laptop to boot from CD or USB drive via BIOS SETUP.

Step 4: After Offline Windows Password & Registry Editor start up successfully, resetting HP laptop password by a few steps in DOS setting.

In consideration of the complex operations of the process which requires the basic knowledge of linux shell and it is also depend on different computer or different Operating System, I recommend computer novice to use solution 3. Or you can google for тАЬReset Windows password with Offline Windows Password & Registry EditorтАЭ to complete HP password reset task.

Solution 3 Reset HP password with professional password recovery tool.

If you do not have another administrator account on HP laptop or you have little experience in Windows or LUNIX operations, you can use Windows Password Rescuer to help reset HP password without lose date. This software was provided by DAOSSOFT corperation, it supports HP laptop password reset in Windows 7/Vista/XP and HP computer installed Windows 7/Vista/XP/2008/2003/2000. About four steps bellow:

Step 1: Download and install Windows Password Rescuer on another available computer.

Step 2: Run the software to burn it to a blank CD or USB. The process of burning is automatically and quickly. This is why so many computer novice choose it to help recover Windows password.

Step 3: Set your HP laptop to boot from CD (burn it to a CD ) or USB drive (burn it to a USB drive) via BIOS SETUP. If you have trouble in this step, please refer to:

How to boot from CD.

How to boot from USB.

Step 4: After the laptop boot from CD or USB, Windows Password Rescuer will display a friend operation window. Then you can reset whichever user password by a few clicks.

You also can use this software to create new admin account without login. With this new user, you can login Windows directly and/or change other user password.

These three solutions were great that can perfectly work in any peopleтАЩs HP laptop and HP computer. I have also tested each solution myself.

If you are using HP Compaq computer with Windows 2008/2003/2000 as a server, you can use Windows Password Rescuer Advanced edition to reset Windows domain password when you lost HP Compaq password.

jessicamoni

No matter domain password or local password you forgot, windows login recovery will help you reset windows 2008 password.

Windows Login Recovery Ultimate - The windows 7 password recovery utility enables you fix the Windows 7 password recovery challenge to reset the administrator, standard user and guest passwords instantly without any data losing or file damage on your own as long as you follow the step to step user guides of it. Just by mouse clicking and press keys, can you recover windows  7 password in minutes without any problem.

Lamly
Occasional Collector

We can't use the common method to recover the Server 2003/2008 password, but we have an easy way, that's use windows password reset tool.

As far as I know, Windows Password Reset Deluxe  can reset both local and domain password, easy and safe.

Everyone who need to recover local or domain password, all can take it into account.

How Windows Password Reset Deluxe works: http://www.windowspasswordreset.net/how_it_works/how_it_works_deluxe.html

Subi_75

From the lack of correct answers, I doubt this problem has been resolve, but Lonlone, are you able to confirm if you ever got something to work on a HP DL 380 G6 and if so what tool did you use?

For the others on the trail (and anyone else reading this in the future), the biggest problem with most (if not all) provided "solutions" is that they dont include the required drivers for the array controller in the DL380 G6's... and hence have not provided any usable solution.

RCB_2
Advisor

I think that the real problem is not the Password crack tool, but the drivers to be able to access the smartarray. Depending on the tool you use, you will need to provide the drivers of the array.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=3884083&lang=en&cc=us&taskId=135&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3884082

Drivers can be found on above link.

Cheers & Good Luck!