Ruel Alojado
Advisor

The cluster Node is not reachable

Hi,

I am building an two node cluster using the following:

1. Nodes Hardware HP BL620c,

2. Cluster Disk:  EVA 4400, 5 Luns Presented

3.  OS:  Windows Server 2008 R2, SP1.

4.  One Public NIC and one Heartbeat NIC.  The rest of the NIC were disabled.

Scenario Tested: Live Network

1.  From the Live Network, Cluster Validation (All Parameters) Tested successfully (all green).

2.  When forming the cluster (two nodes simultaneously), the error is: The operation is taking longer than expected. and it's failed.

3.  Second attempt, Create the cluster using one node only.  (other node was shutdown).  One node cluster, successful including SAN Disk resource.

4.  Adding Second node:  the result is "The cluster Node is not reachable." after clicking

Second Scenario:  Isolate ClusterNodes and connect one of the Domain Controller Directly in an Isolated Network.

1.  From HP6120 Virtual Connect (VC) of the blade, I configure the Switch with another VLAN to connect the Phyical Domain Controller and the "uplink" of VC to an isolated switch.  Three are reachable to each other.  Also, DNS resolution working fine.

2.  I've performed above scenario in the isolated and same result achieve.

Same Scenario experiencing in a cluster node for BL460C G7.

Does anyone have experiencing this?

1 REPLY 1
Ruel Alojado
Advisor
Solution

Re: The cluster Node is not reachable

Believe it or not the problem is: the cluster node name have the same username in AD. It never come to my mind about checking the existence of both computername and username but after renaming the NODE Cluster, the cluster was successfully created.