1753513 Members
5401 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

HP Smart Update Manager 6.2.0 on Hyper-V Server 2012 R2

Dave Baddorf
Advisor

HP Smart Update Manager 6.2.0 on Hyper-V Server 2012 R2

I am trying to use the HP Smart Update Manager 6.2.0 to install the Insight Management Agents (to get the Event Notifier service) to an Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 machine.  When I select the required components from the Smart Update Manager web-interface (running on a Windows 2012 R2 server) and try to deploy it to the Hyper-V server I get the following error message:

Deploy error. Unable to download file . Verify no firewalls are blocking HTTP/FTP traffic between the system running HPSUM and the remote node

I do not have anything blocking http & ftp traffic (servers are on same subnet, no network filtering, windows firewall is off).  Any idea on how to fix this?  I would certainly appreciate any help!

Thanks.. dave

5 REPLIES 5
Nicoroy123

Re: HP Smart Update Manager 6.2.0 on Hyper-V Server 2012 R2

I have the exact same problem. Anybody would know why?

Infostrada

For me, the problem disappeared when I logged in as \Administrator. Hope that helps.

Simpat
Frequent Advisor

Same problem here. 

My workaround solution is using HP SUM v5.x.x  with update of SPP latest version contents instead.

What I have noticed is ...

HP SUM v5.x.x does not require browser for interactive setup. 

HP SUM v6.x.x need a browser for interactive setup.

Can you try with command line   hpsum /s ? <-- (this is for silent/express setup) 

|------------- ( ^__^ )--------------|
I'm Happy when You're Happy
Dave Baddorf
Advisor

Simpat,

Thanks for your suggestion.  Because I had a few questions (A: not sure where to download the HP SUM 5.x.x version & B:the SPP baseline packages require a maintenance contract) I tried another route which worked from the Hyper-V server command-line:

• Install ILO 3/4 Channel Interface Driver
  • Install ILO 3/4 Management Controller Driver
  • Install HP Insight Diagnostics Online Edition
  • C:\Windows\System32\CIMntfy>lwconfig.exe

I have what I wanted - the Event Notifier automatically sending out email alerts. 

Dave

jimscreechy

I had this problem with ver 7.4.0 

I was trying to run it in a RDP Session which was the cause of the problem (who knew).  Running it locally solved the issue...should have known better really.