Operating System - HP-UX
1752686 Members
5551 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: GWLM - Issue - resolves to two different fully qualified domain names.

SOLVED
Go to solution
KennethMRay
Advisor

GWLM - Issue - resolves to two different fully qualified domain names.

Anyone know how to correct this ridiculous issue with GWLM. I am finding GWLM in Insight Manager to be a total pain...anyway here is the first error I need to move forward with. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

resolves to two different fully qualified domain names. The fully qualified domain name on the managed
5 REPLIES 5
Bill Blanding
Occasional Advisor
Solution

This is most usually a symptom of DNS/name resolution problems. gWLM expects name resolution and reverse name resolution to work on the CMS and all managed nodes. That is, nslookup of the FQDN and IP address for the CMS and each managed node should resolve to each other on the CMS and on each managed node.

One simple problem is if the alias and fqdn are out of order in a /etc/hosts entry.

However, name resolution problems can also be quite complicated. We have seen instances where name resolution is inconsistent - e.g. repeated nslookups will not yield the same results.

As a last resort, you should be able to avoid name resolution problems by including entries for the CMS and all managed nodes in the /etc/hosts files of the CMS and managed nodes and setting /etc/nsswitch on all so that /etc/hosts is used first for name resolution.

KennethMRay
Advisor

Thanks, I got that figured out and seem to have the systems showing up but now having communication problems. Seems like it worked at one time but now it's not seems a bit klugey.

Tried the Diagnose->Check VSE CMS To Managed Node Communication and get this error:
The WBEM credentials entered in HP SIM associated with banprd02.slu.edu are not valid. Valid credentials are necessary for proper discovery and for the VSE software to
operate properly.

But, trying the resolution doesn't seem to fix anything
Bill Blanding
Occasional Advisor

Getting a bit outside of my area of expertise now, but I will try to help out.
What other symtpoms are you experiencing in addition to the diagnostic failure? I believe it is possible to get a false alarm there. Was the server you mentioned successfuly discovered by HPSIM and displayed on the Visualization Tab? Were you able to successfully deploy a gWLM SRD? [gWLM does not depend upon WBEM.] And BTW, what version of VSE are you using? If you're not sure, look at Help-> About HP Systems Insight Manager.
KennethMRay
Advisor

Looks like restarting gwlm agent on managed nodes and glwm on the cms or sim or whatever you wanna call it fixed it. It sure seems like a huge kluge of software the whold insight manager. Bloated...anyway, that's just me whining.

thanks for the help!!!
Bill Blanding
Occasional Advisor

You are welcome. Glad you got it working.
Improvements in installation and configuration are a priority for future development.