5594 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Reinstall HPUX 11.11

Fauziah Mahdan
Super Advisor

Reinstall HPUX 11.11

HI all,
I am peparing the DR (Disaster Recovery Centre) means restore the DB from prod to our DR server. The problem is DR NIC card is not functioning and HP said the kernel could not be built and recommend to reisntall the OS.
So pls help me how tor einstall the OS for HPUX 11.11 from CD?
What is the step and is there link I can go to visit and follow?
3 REPLIES 3
Michael Steele_2
Honored Contributor

Re: Reinstall HPUX 11.11

Hi Fauziah:

Biggest thing you need to do is map out your logical volume sizes for lvol1 through 8 in VG00. If you have another machine refer to it. Perform an lvdisplay /dev/vg00/lvol# on each and note the sizes. Write them done and refer to them during installation.

Pick out a primary boot disk. This is usually an internal drive that will pop up during installation automatically. Make sure that's the one you want.

Note all of your primary network parameters. Hostname, IP address, netmask, network id, DNS, default router, timezone. If read the man page for the command 'set_parms' and have an answer for every question in 'set_parms' then you can install the basic network.

The media will boot your machine and ask you question. Know the answers before you answer the questions. Have them on a piece of paper besides you.

Here's pretty good doc. Read it and answer all the questions. Some you can ignore because they won't hurt you (* too much :-) *).

And note: Get use to navigating a TUI menu. USE THE TAB KEY TO NAVIGATE TO YOUR SELECTION. Its all menu driven. And if you make a mistake, just reinstall til you get it right. Hopefully this won't be more than twice. :-)
Support Fatherhood - Stop Family Law
Michael Steele_2
Honored Contributor

Here's the doc

http://docs.hp.com/en/5991-2805/ch05s03.html#chddefig
Support Fatherhood - Stop Family Law
Fauziah Mahdan
Super Advisor

Ok thanks for the idea.

I will jot down every info like the disk and the set_parms value.