1748008 Members
4296 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

gWLM SRD deploy fails

Robert Cook_6
Frequent Advisor

gWLM SRD deploy fails

I have a superdome2 partitioned with 2 nPars.  We are at the latest firmware, 2.52.2, and have September 2011 release for HP-UX.  We are running version 7.0 of HP Matrix OE.  We have one SRD deployed on the first nPar.  When we try to deploy an SRD on the second nPar we get the error:

An SRD, 'CDC-SD8_nPar1', is already deployed that is capable of sharing the resources of SRD 'grrsap09.srd'. These two SRDs cannot be deployed at the same time. For psets or fss groups, there can be only one deployed SRD per host. For vpars, there can be only one deployed SRD per nPartition or complex. For npars, there can be only one deployed SRD per complex.

Is this saying I can have only one SRD across both nPars?  I'm unable to find documentation on this.

Regards,

Bob

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Arthor C Clark
1 REPLY 1
Robert Cook_6
Frequent Advisor

Re: gWLM SRD deploy fails

We tried to make both nPars into one SRD.  Did nort work.  The master node in one nPar does not know about the systems in the other nPar....

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Arthor C Clark