3427 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Network Power Utilization

khajan_1
Occasional Advisor

Network Power Utilization

Hi Guys,
I'm having 100 B2000 Visualise workstations and one J6000 workstation and two L2000 Server.My question is, To run our Process Each systems Memory and CPU utilizaion takes Long time(8hour to 10 hour) to complete.Pls tell me Any Software by using that I can get more CPU&Memory Power from my Whole Network Power.
Pls give me Suggetions Regarding this.

khajan.
5 REPLIES 5
Sam Nicholls
Trusted Contributor

Hi Khajan,

It really depends on the nature of your applications. You could modify them to use HP Message Passing Interface library to achieve course-grain parallelism across multiple systems. MPI is an industry standard message passing and process management library. It is well suited for scientific computing. For more information, and a free trial copy, visit

http://www.hp.com/go/mpi

If you can provide more information about your applications, I might be able to make other suggestions.

-sam
khajan_1
Occasional Advisor

Hi Sam,

My applications are EDA Designings.I think ur not understood my requirement.I need applicatin Like "Gridware in SUNSOlaris ".Pls suggest same for HP-UX11.Anyhow thanx lot.

Thanx
Shannon Petry
Honored Contributor

There is something called LSF (Load Share Facility) which may work. It is availabie for HP-UX, SunOS, AIX, IRIX, Linux and even windblows NT.

NOTE Just as with SMP there has to be code availability within the application.

What application are you running? It may very well just need tuning, and nothing else.

Regards,
Shannon
Microsoft. When do you want a virus today?
Sam Nicholls
Trusted Contributor

Hi Khajan,

After reviewing the material at www.sun.com/software/gridware, I think that LSF (Load Sharing Facility) from Platform Computing is the equivalent HP-UX product. See Platform's website for more info...

http://www.platform/com/

LSF supports heterogenous networks and you can download a free trial copy.

-sam
khajan_1
Occasional Advisor

Hi Guys,
Thanx lot.I'm trying with LSF, I hope this will solve my Problem.

Thanx again.
khajan.