4814 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Performance report tool

Van Poelvoorde
Occasional Advisor

Performance report tool

Hi,

One of our customer is desperately seeking for e Performance Report tool that can generate nice graphic about CPU, memory, disk, ... performance, etc.
They ask us to develop this for them.

I know about an internal tool we use at HP (ZAMBONI), but I suppose we can not simply hand this tool over to them and let them use it like freeware. Or do we?

If not, are there other suggestions, are there freeware possibilities, or can we intergate this in Glance, MWA, ... How can we best develop a proper solution for our customer?

thanks for your advice,
Wim
5 REPLIES 5
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor

Re: Performance report tool

Have you looked into

perfview??

It's a great tool, and interfaces with measureware (glance).

live free or die
harry
Live Free or Die
eran maor
Honored Contributor

Hi Van

i thin that perview is the only graphic tool that there is in hp-ux ( that i know )

perview is working with MWA and i m working it him a lot to find data on performance in the system .

here is a link to see his des.

http://www.openview.hp.com/products/performance/index.asp
love computers
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

Perfview does really nice graphs that you can give to management and tell them "See, I told you we need new equipment". It's rather easy to setup and with a color printer does a good job. The best part is that to run PV you have to have MeasureWare and Glance and those are truly useful tools.

Regards, Clay
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
Roger Baptiste
Honored Contributor

<>

I don't think there is any freeware around
to do a comprehensive job .

<< or can we intergate this in Glance, MWA, ... How can we best develop a proper solution for our customer? >>

Get perfview. It's worth the license. All the charts and colours it produces keep the
big guys at the top happy. In an earlier site that was the only way i had to keep my job ;-)

To extend it further, once you configure perfview charts on the Web too.

-raj
Take it easy.
Van Poelvoorde
Occasional Advisor

Thanks to all,

It clear now that I need PerfView.
But can anyone tell me where to get the PerfView Web tool????

;-)
Wim