New Discussion юеВ

Policy Definition for 2 SRD's

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jayaprakash Subramanian
Frequent Advisor

Policy Definition for 2 SRD's

Hello All,

I have created 2 SRD's (cpu1.srd and cpu2.srd). The first SRD has the following machines
1. Apserver01
2. Dbserver01

and the second SRD has the following machines
1. Apserver01
2. Apserver02
3. Dbserver01
4. Dbserver02.

The first SRD is defined with the CPU_Utilization policy with compartment type as vpar. The number of CUP is limited with minimum of 1 and maximum of 5 for this policy.

I created an another policy "CPU_Utilization_01" with minimum of 1 CPU and maximum of 4 CPU and applied for the second SRD.

The problem I had is, when I apply a policy for Apserver01, the policy will be changed in both the SRD's. Since the 2 SRD's have Apserver01 in common. What should I need to do for assigning different policies for a single machine?

Also what is the difference between vpar, pset and fss compartment types?

Please Advise.

Thanks,
Jayaprakash S
3 REPLIES 3
likid0
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Policy Definition for 2 SRD's

Hy,

I think that With Gwlm there can only be one workload per single compartment.

Roughly, the diference between pset and fss is that pset only lets you share at cpu level,while fss you can share fractions of cpus.

#

Processor sets (psets)

A processor set is a collection of cores (formerly known as CPUs) grouped together for the exclusive access by processes assigned to that processor set.
#

HP-UX Fair Share Scheduler groups (fss groups)

A group of processes that has its CPU resource allocation managed by the Fair Share Scheduler that is available with HP-UX. A benefit of fss groups is their granularity: You can allocate fractions of CPU resources, rather than only whole cores, to the group of processes.
Windows?, no thanks
Jayaprakash Subramanian
Frequent Advisor

Hello Daniel,

Thanks for your valuable info.

So If the compartment type is vpar, then the policy should be unique for that vpar. Is this correct?

Also can I use psets as the compartment type to define different polices for a vpar?

Please share your comments on this.

Thanks,
Jayaprakash S
likid0
Honored Contributor

"Also can I use psets as the compartment type to define different polices for a vpar?"

Yes, you can create and SRD with and vpar host, and set the compartment type to psets, the create a policy for each workload.

For example:

SRD vpar.databases
hostname: vpardb
compartment psets
workload DATABASEA policy CPU_UTILIZATION
workload DATABASEB policy Fixed_2

etc ..
Windows?, no thanks