New Discussion юеВ

lanadmin showing inbound errors

SOLVED
Go to solution
Scott_14
Regular Advisor

lanadmin showing inbound errors

Hello again..

I am seeing inbound errors when i run a display under lanadmin, they increase pretty slow, but they are there, and I see approx 127 defered transmissions, in the past 8 hours.

I am wandering if there is something I need to be aware of, such as a netcard issue, i am in the processes of trying to gather "sniffer" data to see if anything odd may be going on somwhere.

any feed back?

thanks

scott
2 REPLIES 2
Stefan Farrelly
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: lanadmin showing inbound errors

Its only a problem if you compute the % of deferred or errors against total bytes in and out for the same period. So, add up the inbound octets and outound octet values, and then work out deferred, or errors, or collisions, as a % of packets in and out. Collisions are worrying if running >10%, if errors >1% or deferred also greater >1%. I think you will find your percentages are in the 0.0X range which is absolutely nothing to worry about.
Im from Palmerston North, New Zealand, but somehow ended up in London...
Scott_14
Regular Advisor

Re: lanadmin showing inbound errors

Thank you for the Info. My % are higher than the norm,
and what had prompt me to look into all this is watching Glance, and seeing the Net Collisions spike
sometimes 8% or more.

I had someone put a sniffer on it, since its a server connected to the router for the outside world as well, and I am not sure where or what the fault is at the moment.

thank you.

scott