1752340 Members
6311 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion

HP support disappoints!

lasarian
Occasional Visitor

HP support disappoints!

13 years ago I told nasa to drop hp for dell because ther support disappoints...I told the Army 6 years ago the same thing.  They both followed my advice.!!  apparently hp still has not learned how to deal with customers.  Example: take dell vs. HP..I have a dell machine I am working on that is out of warranty but Ihave a simple tiny question.  I goto dells website, click on chat put in the service tag number and answer the questions before chat\ starts saying I have a quidck question..bam have a tech online answers me no charge...HP same scenario no warranty...Chat denied unless you pay money, phone support same, so I figure I will email...NOT...if you are out of warranty email is out too..just like 14 years ago......I will still never reccomend them to anyone and I hope since I have left nasa and dod as the network admn they never go back to the sorry !!

WES

www.lasarianslastcall.blogspot.com  - have been offline awhile so haven't posted tech advice.  I think this will be one of my first new ones.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Community Feedback & Suggestions to HP Support Center Feedback & Suggestions. - Hp Forum Moderator

2 REPLIES 2
lasarian
Occasional Visitor

Re: HP support disappoints!

More to add guys..I think hp needs to finally get version numbers etc straight especially if they will not offer any online support at all, or phone support.  Here is one current problem/issue I have...hp simplepass 2011(fingerprint scnner) is broken on a machine I am working on.  Win logon works fine but fingerprints not working for other websites etc...I know how to fix that now beside the point.  I want to update the software so use the check for updates in the software and says no updates available...search online find like 4 conflicting articles on this software from hps own knowledge base and forums...hmmm...so what to do?...check authentec(original developer of the software) but hey they stopped developing and turned over to hp...So after 3 hrs I find to hp updates:  sp54680.exe - aka simplepass 2012 and sp61399.exe aka simplepass 6.0.100.272 but released 04/2013...the docs all conflict...Hp still has not fixed there version issues etc from years past when then bought out compaq...Is that version 6.x newer or older?? help files say it is older...but online support says no,.but not all of them...and the help files have different tutorials etc...same crap compaq site did in '99 to now under hp management..I advise anyone that sees this to never ever buy with your own money an hp computer.  And if any hp rep wants to talk to me you have my email address and I can prove everything I say about hp and incongruant information that is provided..Ther is info on hp's knowledgebase from the compaq days that was wrong then and still wrong now...HP has not fixed issues with version numbers that confuse clients and much more...

hp still is not where I would put my business's future in...Unless it is a printer...they still have great printer support...computer support etc..., even after 10-15 years when when they got into it...

dkalav

Re: HP support disappoints!

Agreed . I'm shorting them. Good design, maybe. Poor quality. Poor service. Just got off the phone with tech support for a consumer tablet pc issue. It's 3 months old and the U key on the keyboard is broken through no fault of my own. Okay - these things happen. This defective detachable keyboard requires them to receive the entire unit and to reset it to factory defaults. (The keyboard doesn't contain the memory or cpu or drive.) The initial explanation was that they didn't want to send an incompatible keyboard. I challenged this and stressed that no complaint was being made about the tablet portion. They changed their story: they want to make sure that I didn't somehow damage the keyboard indirectly by damaging the tablet/cpu portion. You have to admire their honesty when pressed... I asked to speak to the manager, and was told that the person I was speaking to was the "end of the line". I challenged again, saying that if he's the end of the line, then HP is truly in trouble. I was then told that his manager would call. (Probably his buddy down the street.)

So, they risk losing a potential future customer.