1748003 Members
4812 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Warranty Lookup

Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Warranty Lookup

As in the past I never ever did receive any reply when seneding a mail to webmasters, I'm asking here:
The warranty Lookup is a most useful instrument.
I'm having problems with it however when using a Product number containing a "#", as is the case rather often (in the case given "DG286#AK6"). The "#" is resolved and teh system cannot find the product.

What can one do to find a product?

Rainald
16 REPLIES 16
CA1284510
Valued Contributor

Hi Rainald,

You could try putting the Product Number till # ( In this case - DG286)along with the serial number.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Inderjeet Singh Phull
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Thanks for your suggestion, Inderjeet.

It does not work, however.
The number is incomplete and the system will not identify the machine.

The "#" is a part of the product number for many devices (someway a seperator), often it is used for nationlized machines.

Even on the warranty lookup page
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/WarrantyLookup.jsp?
one of the sample contains the "#" !!!
But it does not work.
As said the "'" is resolved, it's sent as "%23" and so the system is sees the strin as an invalid number and is unable to find anything.

My TabeletPC 's product number is "PK225AA#ABD". I'm sure that I checked the warranty with it a while ago. It worked. But it does not work now.
Could it be that something in the system was changed.

I would be most thankful if you might use your contacts inside HP in order to have things checked.

Rainald
Gary Cantwell
Honored Contributor

Hi rainald, we'll log a support call to get this checked out, thanks, gary
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Thanks, Gary.
I'd be most thankful fora any feedback as it's really nasty.

Rainald
Christopher McClain

I too am experiencing the same problems.

HP Compaq laptop warranty lookup:
s/n:CNU5520G09
p/n:PR124UA#ABA

And this is what I get:
Result 1 of 1

Serial number CNU5520G09
Product number PR124UA%23ABA
Date of warranty check 10 Apr 2007

The product number was invalid. Please verify product number and try again. (210)

It is changing the '#' to a '%'.

Any help would be great!

Thanks
Phantim

drop the '#' and the trailing letters from the product number. They are not required.
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Phantim,
are you sure?
It did not work for me. :-( :-(
Rainald
Curtis Jastremsky

I too have the same problem, mostly with products that have the #ABA on the end of the product number. The # is always resolved as %23. I've tried omitting the #ABA and it does not work. The warranty lookup tool is very handy and would be appreciated if it worked. Opening a case for every HP/Compaq machine that I want to check a warranty for is not convenient.
dv64villa

Come on HP, it's been over a year since this problem was reported, and in june of 2007 am experiencing the same problem. Somebody wake the webmaster up!! This is unacceptable. You are a technology company, for chrissakes (can you tell i'm frustrated?) Please fix the bloody problem already, it shouldn't be this hard to get warranty information. It's basically useless at this point.