2999 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: e-modem and AOL

CA776101
Occasional Contributor

e-modem and AOL

Hello,
I can't seem to find a forum for the HP e-modem so I thought I'd leave the question here. I have had a horrible time using the e-modem (USB) and AOL together in Win 2000 or Win XP. When I install the modem into any computer runing either OS, it will install just fine, and if I use any other terminal program, it works without a hitch. However, when I try to use it in AOL, the modem is not recognized and if I set up parameters manually, it will not initialize the modem. I have spoken numerous times to both AOL and HP and each blames the other. AOL says it's the drivers and HP say that because the modem installs OK, it's got to be AOL. Now, if I install the modem in a win 98 machine, it runs perfectly in AOL. This leads me to believe it might actually be the HP drivers. I would ditch AOL in a second, but our entire network uses it currently so I'm stuck. I've tried interchanging drivers and that doesn't seem to work either. If anyone has a suggestion, I'd truely appreciate it. I've got 7 of these modems right now and they're uunuseable. Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi Merrick,

As far as I know, there is no e-modem forum available at this time. Therefore, please use this web site to help you find support for this product:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/CallHP.jsp

Thanks!

Kathy
Forum Administrator
CA776101
Occasional Contributor

Kathy,
Thanks for your reply-I've already gone through the normal support channels and noone's been able to help. I was hoping someone in the IT forum had an idea or a similar problem. Is there another general forum you might suggest?
Thanks

Kathy Brockway

May 28, 2002 13:10 PM GMT [ unassigned ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Merrick,

As far as I know, there is no e-modem forum available at this time. Therefore, please use this web site to help you find support for this product:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/CallHP.jsp

Thanks!

Kathy
Forum Administrator

CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi again,

I'm afraid I'm unaware of any e-modem forums. If I happen to run across any HP or non-HP sponsored areas, I'll be sure to post the links in this thread.

I'm sorry I couldn't help more.

Kathy
Forum Administrator