108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Can't cp,[;ete ITRC Profile Migration

SOLVED
Go to solution
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Can't cp,[;ete ITRC Profile Migration

It claims my userid or password is invalid, so I reset the password, get the email, click the link, and then put in a new password.  It then says click here to complete the migration, which brings up another sign-in page which rejects the password that I just created.

I have no idea where to post this so forgive me and reply if you can help.

Pete

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Community Feedback & Suggestions to HP Support Center Feedback & Suggestions. - Hp Forum MOderator

Pete
15 REPLIES 15
Stephan_
Regular Advisor

Hi Pete,

Kevin_Paul got a message from me if it would be possible to help you with that issue.

That was the only idea I had.

hth

Stephan

How to assign points on this new forums --> Kudos - what, where, how, and why!
How to find the right forum --> New forum location by ITRC tree

"we wouldn't call it code, if we could read it ..."
Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

Pete - I assume you're talking about your ITRC profile migration for the HP Support Center, and not just the forums themselves (since you were able to post your question here)?

So this would be the migration process that runs from https://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/aae/itrc/migrate/

If so - your best course of action is to submit a ticket @ http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/help/contactHP/questions and someone should be able to respond with some assistance.

If that's not the problem you're having, please let me know...

I work for HPE.
Michael Mike Reaser
Valued Contributor

I encountered the same behaviour when I tried to 'complete' my ITRC->HPFaceBook conversion.  From what I can tell, all my "stuff" came over, and if the old ITRC is now gone, it doesn't surprise me that a login to it may fail.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

HP-Server-Literate since 1979
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Yes, you guessed correctly Kevin.  I submitted a problem, cutting and pasting the description I first posted here and got a quick reply that said "register with the Support Center website and there is an option at the right hand bottom to migrate".  I bit my tongue, swallwed the "no crap, sherlock" reply, and responded that was exactly what I was trying to do.  Never heard another word.

Is there any place I can call and talk this through?  Someone with authority to reset all passwords everywhere?  I'm running out of acceptable password variations.  I thought this was supposed to be single signon through HP Passport, but I have to reset that password in order to be able to reset my Support Center password just so I can log in - and the password rules are different for the two.

Frankly, I really don't care about being invoved in the Forums anymore, but I sure would like to be able to access my support contracts and the like.

Pete

Pete
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Oh, by the way - I wasn't swearing in the Message Title.  The larger font that I use for my tired old eyes doesn't fit in the little tiny Subject box and I couldn't see that my right hand had shifted one key over to the right, thus making "complete" come out as "cp,[;ete".  Is there a setting somewhere? 

And, on the subject of where?  Is there a newbies guide to this Forum somewhere?  Is there somewhere where I could browse all the latest posts in HP-UX overall, without having to drill down into the categories?

Pete

Pete
EEESEC
Frequent Advisor

Try using your "HP Passport" login instead at that login screen.  I think if your reset your old ITRC pass it will automatically log you in during migration, but you then have to give it your HP Passport account at the next login screen... I guess this is how it links the two.  Worth a shot.

Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

OK, I'm logged in to the HP Support Center Home, using my HP Passport login.  On the right hand side of the page, half way down or so, there is a box that says "ITRC Users - Migrate your vital ITRC profile data to HP Support Center now!".  I click on that and get to the ITRC profile migration page, which asks for my ITRC User ID and Password.  No matter what I give it for a password, it's rejected, so I click on "Forgot my ITRC account password".  It asks for the email address associated with the account.  When I give it, it says there is a password reset request pending against this email.

I go dig around and find a password reset email and click on the link provided.  It wants me to log in to HP Passport, so I do and it presents the ITRC password reset page.  I fill in my desired new password and it claims to have reset it, so I click on the "migrate your ITRC account" link.  Now, at the ITRC profile migration page, it once again wants my ITRC UserID and my ITRC password (the one I just reset???!!!).  When I provide UID and PWD, it claims that it doesn't match a known ITRC profile.  If I then click on "forgot my password" it claims there is a password reset pending and around we go again.

Something is broken here, and I don't know how to get someone to fix it.

Pete

Pete
Michael Mike Reaser
Valued Contributor

Pete, that's precisely the behaviour I saw when I, too, tried to migrate my ITRC stuff.  From poking around in my newly-migrated HP Passport account, it *appears* that all of my old ITRC information - profile data, "Kudos", etc. - has successfully already migrated. 

Thus, I'm wondering if the "Migrate your profile data!" button is really needed, at all?

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

HP-Server-Literate since 1979
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

What I hoped to migrate, Mike, were "all of my ITRC Support Case Manager preferences, history & data preferences, profile data, and linked entitlements".  I really, really don't give a hoot about "kudos".

Pete

Pete