1748181 Members
3992 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Sent my laptop in for repair last week, still do not have it back 12/5/08

Peter Tomasi III
Occasional Contributor

Sent my laptop in for repair last week, still do not have it back 12/5/08

I recently sent my laptop in for repair, it had some accident damage and was supposed to be repaired the next business day after they received it. The first issue I had is the tech that looked at the machine was claiming that my warranty was up, and said the repair was $425 bucks. So I call into the call center and of course I cant get anyone in the US, I always get India, they of course are like we don't know all we can do is update the call. This is really frustrating, so I call again and explain to them that my warranty is still in force until the December 16, 2008. Now the people in India are telling me the machine will be shipped back on the 15th. How very convenient for HP that way if they didn't fix it properly I am stuck with it.

I am not happy, I am supposed to have next business day repair or replacement. But can get through to anyone to fine out what's going on. This is very very exasperating.

It would be really nice if someone got in touch with me via email or phone to let me know what is going on.
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Peter Tomasi III
Occasional Contributor

Well its been 4 days now and still no movement on the laptop. So much for the carepak and next business day turnaround. I am so frustrated that I cant even talk to anyone about the issue. HP really has gone down the tubes. All this reliance on call centers in other countries where they don't really speak our language.

I mean all I want is the computer back or that it be replaced. Thats not to much to ask for. I guess I should contact my lawyer so that we can goto the next step, since we are now at a breach of contract situation.

My it would be so nice if HP actually cared.
Vajith V
HPE Pro

Hi Peter,

We understand your concerns. In this context, let us recollect that The HP Forums is a peer-to-peer discussion area, where like-minded professionals gather to exchange knowledge, best practices, and experience. While HP does not guarantee an "HP response" in these forums, HP provides this tool as a means for customers to communicate on a peer-peer basis. Generally, every post is viewed by HP.

However, as you are very valuable customer for HP, we will escalate your issue to the concerned department.

Thanks & Regards,
Vajith
I am an HPE employee
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Accept or Kudo

Peter Tomasi III
Occasional Contributor

Here is my response to your reply.

If in fact HP gave a crap they would not hide behind the Global Call Center in INDIA. In fact they would actually communicate with the customer(me) what the holdup was. Instead HP chose to make me wait for 7 days before they shipped the notebook back, which I was under no obligation to wait for. Next day replacement is exactlly that, if you cant fix it in that time frame, you have to replace it. So you can tell me that this forum is for best business practices and this and that, but in fact HP is not following any of it.

As I have stated in my emails to tech support, the delivery shall be refused, on the grounds that you are in breach of the contract as outlined in the warranty. Either send me a replacement computer or we shall have to meet in COURT, since you have breached the warranty I you will loose in small claims court. Consider this my last attempt to get HP to pick up the phone and call me.
Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

Peter - what's the model # for your laptop? And do you have a case # or RMA # for the repair?
I work for HPE.