New Discussion

Re: Where are the patches? (access)

SOLVED
Go to solution
V. Nyga
Honored Contributor

Where are the patches?

Hi,

I`m sorry, but I can`t find patches anymore (and I can't search with advanced searching at the moment: http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Community-Feedback-Suggestions/Is-the-search-function-broken/td-p/4825065 ).

Do you know how it was in itrc (yes - I know it was old and it's gone) - BUT there was a link at the first page.

And now? Are patches no longer important?

When I push 'SUPPORT & DRIVERS' what do I get - a 'Shop for Produkts and Services'.

'HP Support Center home'?

Any word about patches? NOTHING - do I need a new pair of glasses?

HP - you definetely have to do something ....

V. (Who really don't want to complain the whole time)

P.S. This thread has been moved from Community Feedback & Suggestions to HP Support Center Feedback & Suggestions . - Hp forum moderator

*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
21 REPLIES 21
Stephan.
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Where are the patches?

Hi,

http://www.hp.com/go/hpsc

Log in with a passport account which has an active support contract and you get the follwoing view.

hth,

Stephan

sshot-73.png

V. Nyga
Honored Contributor

Ok thanks Stephan - I don`t need new glasses, only a new brain :-)

Nevertheless I've to ask HP:
Why is there no longer a simple link to this?
Why do I have to login again?
I thought one reason to migrate the itrc forum was to eliminate several logins?

V.
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Where are the patches? (signin)

>Why is there no longer a simple link to this?

There is, on each category there is: HP Support Center on top right.

>Why do I have to login again?

I found you don't.  It isn't intuitive.  At the top right is a "Sign in".  If you click that, you are signed in.

Vs. the obvious User Id under My HP Support Center, on middle right.

Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

As Dennis has mentioned, you don't have to log in again, but you do have to click the Sign In link to authenticate once in the community.  It shouldn't ask you for your user ID/password again, if you were already signed in to HP Support Center.

And as has been said, you do have to be signed in on HP Support Center to see the Patches - that was due to a change with Support Center vs. ITRC - if you have concerns/questions about that, you can log a call @ http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/help/contactHP/questions

I work for HPE.
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Where are the patches? (signin)

>It shouldn't ask you for your user ID/password again, if you were already signed in to HP Support Center.

I (and ?) were already signed in the forum and then wanted to go to HPSC.  So it works both ways?

>you do have to be signed in on HP Support Center to see the Patches - that was due to a change with Support Center vs.. ITRC

I've seen several posts where they said they didn't have a support contract and were still able to see patches after last year's changes.  But now they can't.

Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

@Dennis Handly wrote:

>It shouldn't ask you for your user ID/password again, if you were already signed in to HP Support Center.

I (and ?) were already signed in the forum and then wanted to go to HPSC.  So it works both ways?

That's correct - you'll still see the "Sign In" link, either here (in the community), or in HP Support Center - but when you click on it, if you were authenticated on the site you just left, you should be logged right in, without having to provide your ID/password again.  If that's not what you're seeing, please let me know.  I just tested it, and it still works that way for me...

@Dennis Handly wrote:

I've seen several posts where they said they didn't have a support contract and were still able to see patches after last year's changes.  But now they can't.

That was a change with HP Support Center - from http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PUBLIC_SPF_GLOBAL_HELP#patch:

"To access Patch management, you must have an HP Passport user account and have an active Software Updates support agreement linked or shared to your account"

I work for HPE.
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>That was a change with HP Support Center

Yes but what changed between last year and now?  All the words in the phrase "active Software Updates support agreement"?

Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

Dennis - I can't speak to that myself, the subject not being community-related - you're welcome to ask via logging a ticket with HP Support Center.  I'm just passing along the info I was given...

I work for HPE.
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>I'm just passing along the info I was given.

That's ok, I least I can pass on what exactly changed.  And can retcon threads from a year ago.  :-)