Other HPE Product Questions
1748134 Members
3652 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: customer service complaint

BARBARA VAN PELT

customer service complaint

Who should I contact with a customer service complaint? I just spent the better part of 2 hours on the phone with your customer service representatives and it was one of the most gruelling experiences I have had. case # 7328571025. I have very little confidence that my issue has been resolved to the fullest of your ability, I also am concerned about the security of the information that I provided, particularly my credit card information, please contact me by phone or by e-mail. thank you.
14 REPLIES 14
Gerry
Respected Contributor

Sorry for your bad experience. But this forum cannot help you with your issue. Call HP customer service and ask to speak with a supervisor. Try calling the US non toll free number.(650) 857-1501
Steve Huffer
Honored Contributor

To elaborate a bit, we are just people who volunteer here to help and have no affiliation with HP/Compaq at all. While I know dealing with any Customer Service can be frustrating, I can pretty well assure you that you can trust them with information such as your credit card number.
"When you hear hoofbeats think horses, not zebras"
Carl Muller - 2
Occasional Advisor

WHERE CAN I PHONE IN SOUTH AFRICA????
Gerry
Respected Contributor

You would get better response starting your own thread with a new topic heading.

But here is your information:

South Africa South Africa|South Africa
+27 11 709 77 10
Monday - Friday
8AM to 5PM Local Time

This information is posted right in the tech support area.
complaints

HP's customer service is set up much like many other companies who don't value their customers, the company Vonage comes to mind. It is outsourced oversees to an office with personnel trained to run your complaints in circles by purposefully misleading clients to believe they are being transferred to "supervisors." These "supervisors" are really just other agents, usually the agent next desk over, and have adopted the practice of misrepresenting themselves in order to prevent any complaints from reaching any real managers. I recorded a conversation with a rep that first told me she was a supervisor and that there was NOBODY in the building above her. She then transferred me to "her supervisor" who, after considerable time forgot his cover story and admitted that he was at the same level of the prior rep, and that he had no intention of passing my complaint onto a manager, YES HE ACTUALLY SAID THIS! He told me he would leave an "escalation" request with a manager and that I would receive a call when one was available. I said I would wait then he admitted that the couldn't get one on the line. I asked for him to read the notes he said he put in the request and he of course could not because no such request was entered. I have yet to receive a call back, just another unethical oversees company delegated with the responsibilities that HP should be overseeing themselves.
Diana Morosan

I'm in ireland and I have been waiting for two months for my laptop to be repaired and returned to me. However the staff is managed to ship my laptop to the wrong address 7 times in the past 3 weeks after clarifying this multiple times. I went as far as the head of customer complaints and still.. no laptop!!!!

Can anyone give me contact details of a general manager in Ireland or UK who would probably take down my correct address and manage to ship my laptop!!! Would appreciate this a lot. I would also appreciate if anyone could provide me with a customer service number that is not an 1890 number which charges terribly.
JOHN WALL

On 12/2/2009 I ordered a HP Pink 10.1" Mini 110 for a Christmas gift for my wife. I bought a pink matching blu-tooth mouse. She used the Mini three times before it failed on 1/14/10 to work ever again. It is now 5/17/10 and due to HP service she is still without a Christmas gift. After many months and hours on the phone talking to HP technical help, placed on hold long periods (over 45 min. twice), uninstalling-reinstalling-uninstalling-reinstalling software, sending the net-book back three times (once at my expense). They have seen fit to finely off a replacement. I have asked for an addition of a $20 upgrade of an embedded GPS module to their purposed replacement. Apparently HP does not consider this six month ordeal with HP services to repair or replace my wife├в s Christmas gift worthy of this upgrade. Keep in mind I paid $16.50 in shipping that should be covered by warranty. I presently own three HP desk tops, two HP lap-tops, a HP Business inkjet printer, a HP external LightScribe DVD drive and only use HP brand photo-paper. If HP products are willing to exchange my loyalty and time period my wife has been without her Christmas gift while I try to get this resolved for a $20 option; then it is time I try Gateway or Dell! My case # is 8035354468, CPL# 7501453369, I have many order numbers and emails if needed. I realize I am but one consumer in a multi-billion dollar business, but it is the millions of loyal customers like me that make HP what it is today!
Tony Smith_5

I would just like to add fuel to the fire regarding the state of HP's support effort out of India for the UK. basically I've had to log two support calls in the last 2 days and spent most of my time either trying to understand what is being said or asking the support analyst to repeat over and over what he has said. Its not their fault but its almost impossible to understand them and I'm not sure of how compitent some of them are, based on some of the questions! When will HP return UK support to the UK. The sooner the better. PS: still awaiting a part sent yesterday! very poor based on what HP used to provide.

Tony Smith

Software Project Manager

Cory Brothers Shipping Agency

UK

small45gt

HP turned a simple problem into a nightmare.  An $88 printer was DOA.  I had to spend over 4 hours talking to Customer Service.  They did not return calls as promised.  Had to call them again & again.  C.S. promised to take care of authorizing a return, but never did.  i finally found the web address of their return center & spent over 30 minutes "chatting".  They refused to take the return because it was over the 21 day period they allow.  Only it wasn't if you count the  notification time as the week I spent talking to customer service.  Then I called a number the chat person gave me & spent another 45 minutes on the phone before they told me they could not  take the return because it was over the 21 day period they allow.  Then I waited another 20 minutes before a supervisor came on the line, and finally authorized the return.

Anybody who buys from HP should have their head examined.  HP, and American Corporations in general, have given new meaning to the Reagan slogan "just say no".  Their customer service is like bing lost in hell.  They keep thanking you over & over, never stay on point, and basically just try to get you to give up.  I think it's dishonesty at it's worse.  The simple answer is "It arrive broke?  We'll take care of it."