Your Questions Regarding Business Support Forums (Legacy BSC forum)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Forum URL Length

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Honored Contributor Honored Contributor

Forum URL Length

What is the longest URL length you can use in this forum when sending someone a link? It appears that if the URL is more than one line it will mess up the reply.

I appear to have messed up the first Pavilion 6330 power supply thread.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Re: Forum URL Length

Hi Peter,

I do not have the exact length of a link that this forum will accept, but I know it's quite a bit longer than the one you attempted to link this morning.

I have seen this before, and it usually happens because the link provided ends in an "=" sign as yours does. I have edited your original post to remove this "="... it looks fine now!

Thanks for your forum participation and assistance.

Take care,

Kathy
Forum Administrator
4 REPLIES
Respected Contributor Respected Contributor

Peter,
I don't know the exact amount of characters...but it seems you can send a pinch more than two lines...

I have done this before...sent a long url...

Just my two cents!
Alex P

I was hoping that one of the forum moderators would have an exact answer for this.

Alex I notice you have a 3 line URL in one of your replies today. Mine was less than 3 lines and it blew up the reply. What is the difference?

Hi Peter,

I do not have the exact length of a link that this forum will accept, but I know it's quite a bit longer than the one you attempted to link this morning.

I have seen this before, and it usually happens because the link provided ends in an "=" sign as yours does. I have edited your original post to remove this "="... it looks fine now!

Thanks for your forum participation and assistance.

Take care,

Kathy
Forum Administrator

Thanks Kathy!