Advancing Life & Work
1758098 Members
2825 Online
108868 Solutions
New Article
rachelduran

Julie Luna-Davis delivers significant value to our customers as Global Logistics Manager

HPE Careers Julie Luna Davis.jpg

Since the beginning, HPE has advanced the way people live and work by creating innovative technology at the heart of successful organizations and communities all over the world. We invite you inside our careers and culture through stories of the people who power HPEour team members.  

Julie Luna-Davis, Global Logistics Manager, shares her journey to become an expert in logistics, what working in a global function means to her, and what HPE belief resonates with her. 

Julie’s HPE career journey 

Julie Luna-Davis began her career as a contractor and worked with carriers and shippers to obtain shipping and delivery documentation. Six years later, she joined HP to manage global freight claim and point of delivery support. Over the next several years, she worked in various logistics teams at HPE and has become our resident expert in all of HPE’s shipping and transportation lanes worldwide. As Global Logistics Manager, Julie ensures we have the best parcel rates, transit time, and delivery performance for our customers. 

Working at our corporate headquarters in Texas, she also participates in our Resource Groups and other on-site events to help build employee engagement and our culture of inclusion.   

Team member straight talk 

Q: Which HPE belief resonates with you most and why?  
A: The HPE belief of Being a Force for Good really resonates with me. I’m amazed at the generosity of HPE to give employees 60 hours a year of volunteer time. Then on top of that, donates funds to the employee for their volunteer time that can be applied toward the charity of their choice. HPE also does a 100% match for donations to approved charities. It’s wonderful!  

Q: How do you redefine what's next for your career?  
A: I love the direction HPE is headed to be a leader in our market segment. I feel it will open up a lot of opportunities for us employees. I would really like to gain new experience outside of logistics so I’m working on finding a mentor to help boost me to the next level and identify other parts of the company where my expertise could lead me.  

Q: Do you participate in one of our Resource Groups and why is it important to have RGs at HPE? 
A: I participate in many RG’s at HPE. I am a local volunteer photographer for the site and I get to see all the great things HPE does for our employees. The RG’s help spread the HPE culture of inclusion. It is great to learn about the different cultures around the world and I enjoy being a part of them.  

Ready to redefine what’s next for you? With industry-leading training, development, and cross-functional learning opportunities, you could potentially explore multiple careers without ever leaving the impactful, mission-driven work and people at HPE. Explore our careers site and apply at careers.hpe.com. 

Rachel Duran
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

linkedin.com/company/hewlett-packard-enterprise
careers.hpe.com

0 Kudos
About the Author

rachelduran

As a global leader on the People team at Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Rachel Duran connects with team members across the organization to learn their stories—about their career paths, aspirations and diverse perspectives on work and life. Rachel lives and works in Texas, but cherishes her visits to HPE hubs around the world.