Around the Storage Block
1760324 Members
3472 Online
108893 Solutions
New Article ๎ฅ‚
CalvinZito

HPE and Veeam: co-innovation and customer choice

I recently attended VeeamON, my first business trip since November 2019. Wow - it was amazing to be back out in the community again, seeing lots of industry colleagues, and creating content at a great industry tech event.  In this blog, I want to share a couple of podcasts and a video I did while at VeeamON. There's also a video from the Cube that HPE Storage VP Patrick Osborne did that I'll share.

HPE and Veeam have had a relationship for some time. And I like to remind people that HPE was the first vendor (and the second) to have an array with snapshot integration with Veeam. 

In addition to the podcasts and videos I'll share, I also wrote an article that you can find on LinkedIn, Veeam's strategy for modern data protection. *  Check it out if you need an overview of what Veeam is doing. Let's jump to the podcasts and video. 

Around the IT Block Episode #28

In this 20 minute podcast, I talked with three of the key people in the HPE booth that were there talking about what HPE and Veeam are doing. 

One of my guests was Federico Venier. Federico has an on-demand session, End-to-end ransomware protection with Veeam and HPE that was presented at VeeamON with Rick Vanover from Veeam. It does require registration but I highly recommend this session. 

Around the IT Block Episode #29

Alexia Clements is a VP in the HPE GreenLake team, focused on alliances. She had a panel discussion that I attended and we talked shortly after that, focusing on how HPE GreenLake and Veeam give customers choices. 

Dave Russell, SVP Enterprise Strategy at Veeam

I had a few minutes to chat with Dave Russell, SVP Enterprise Strategy at Veeam and  talk about Veeam's strategy, announcements, and more. Thanks for chatting with me Dave!

Patrick Osborne, VP HPE Storage on The Cube

Not sure how I missed Patrick at VeeamON but he did get onto the Cube where he gave an update to Dave Vellante from The Cube about HPE Storage. 

HPE Discover is coming at the end of June and I'll be there, gathering lots of content to share. Be sure to subscribe to my Around the IT Block podcast at hpe.com/dmn/ATITB.

* Veeam sponsored bringing me to VeeamON but did not review any content I created before I published it. 

About Calvin Zito 

CJZ Headshot fixed 150 x 150.jpg

I'm Calvin Zito and November 2021 marked 38 years with HPE.  I was recently recognized as a 12 time VMware vExpert. As an early adopter of social media and active participant in communities, I've blogged for over 13 years. My Around the IT Block podcast is now an official HPE podcast. You can find ATITB at hpe.com/dmn/ATITB. Subscribe and listen from here. You can find me on Twitter as @CalvinZito. You can also contact me via email

Calvin Zito
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

twitter.com/HPE_Storage
linkedin.com/showcase/hpestorage/
hpe.com/storage

0 Kudos
About the Author

CalvinZito

I have worked at HPE since 1983, all of it around storage but 100% focused on storage since 1990. I'm expanding into other areas of focus at HPE like HPE GreenLake, compute, containers, AI, and more. I blog, create videos, and podcasts to help you better understand HPE Storage. Find my podcast at https://www.hpe.com/dmn/ATITB