BackOffice Products
1757700 Members
2336 Online
108863 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Is this .NET thing really necessary and if not, how can I get rid of it?

Effaney Crain
Occasional Advisor

Is this .NET thing really necessary and if not, how can I get rid of it?

Seems I have had nothing but trouble since installing the .net thing from windows. 1st on my msn, which was causing conflicts. Now I have a strange folder in my control panel that I can not get rid of. No delete option, is not in the add\remove programs either. I am thinking it could be the sourse of my files sending problems, some sort of conflict with windows, or maybe just picking straws here, but id this .NET necessary? Thanks

Effaney
3 REPLIES 3
NightHawk_1
Frequent Advisor

Re: Is this .NET thing really necessary and if not, how can I get rid of it?

I have nothing but problems with .Net and MSN Messenger. Neither worked correctly and my HP 8755C hates Messenger. Just trying to get signed in at .NET and Messenger is even worse. There were so other weird things going on with my computer also. I finally just did a restore point and everything is back happy again. From my experience with MSN Messenger and .Net I would not use it.
Bite Me
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Effaney:

If you're referring to the .NET-related downloads from Windows Update, they're only necessary if you intend to run .NET applications. Unfortunately, you may not be able to uninstall them. Go to www.windowsupdate.com and try.

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Khalid A. Al-Tayaran
Valued Contributor

Hi,

You didn't mention your Windown version or the .NET framework you have installed.

Anyway....
The .NET environment is a development platform and will be the basis (more importance) for future M$ products. Don't use .NET if you have no need for it now or get the proper version for your windows machine.