1759465 Members
2956 Online
108883 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

AP420 V2.1 DHCP problem

Terry Kirk
Advisor

AP420 V2.1 DHCP problem

I've just upgraded a previously working AP420 to V2.1 firmware. The access point connects to the wired network via a 720wl/740wl security box.
APs running V2.0.39 are still working fine.
Any client that connects through the upgraded AP is able to authenticate (802.1x), but never gets a reply to its DHCP requests.
I have not been able to find any error messages in the logs of either the AP or the 740wl. The 740wl does show the client as authenticated as does the radius server.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Terry
5 REPLIES 5
Mohammed Safadi
Advisor

Re: AP420 V2.1 DHCP problem

Hi

What is the Pool range of the IP Address in your DHCP

420AP Firmware release 2.0.41 and above has the system parameter default values is provided as the following
DHCP Enabled
IP Address 192.168.1.1
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0

so just change the ip address to your DHCP Server IP
Terry Kirk
Advisor

The problem was with the wireless clients, not the AP itself.
It seems that the manual authentication configuration I had was tolerated be 2.0.41, but not 2.1.
Once I reset to factory and re-configured it, it worked
Thanks for the suggestion though!
Terry
Terry
Terry Kirk
Advisor

Please see my previous comment.
Terry
Tony Barrett_2
Frequent Advisor

Terry, just following this up. I have the same problem since upgrading to f/w v2.1.

I kept the config on the AP during the upgrade, and I can see successfull association and forwarding on the AP, and the RADIUS server shows successful authentication, but no DHCP address being allocated to the client (this worked fine with v2.0.41).

You say you 'reset to factory' and reconfigured. Was the the AP or the client? I've tried manual and automatic connection to the AP's from the XP SP2 clients, but none get a DHCP address?

I'm still using Security Suite 7 on the AP's

Can you elaborate on your solution?

Thanks
Terry Kirk
Advisor

Tony
It was the AP that I reset to factory.
I had an odd manual configuration because I was trying to do something that ended up having to wait for the multiple ssids of 2.1.
When I reconfigured, I used the security suite (7) rather than the manual settings. I also found that I had to enable VLANs once I added the second ssid.

Hope this helps.

Terry
Terry