1758663 Members
1927 Online
108874 Solutions
New Discussion

DHCP problem with Colubris MSC-3200

stephan_1975

DHCP problem with Colubris MSC-3200

Hello all,

I'm currently stuck with a problem  with a Colubris MSC-3200 (aka MSM-323R) multiservice accesspoint. This is my network topology:

Wireless-Interface and Ethernet are bridged (IP: 10.0.2.10/16); WAN is not used; local DHCP server is disabled. If someone connects to the access point over wireless, the accesspoint is supposed to hand on the DHCP request over the ethernet port to our DHCP server (here: 10.0.10.2/16) on the network.

Unfortunately, exactly the last thing doesn't work. As long as I set the client's IP-address manually, the connection will be established without any problem. It's possible to ping DHCP server with a client. But as soon as I switch the client to retrieve it's IP-address over DHCP, the connection can't be established any more. Encryption works perfectly, but something seems to be wrong with the DHCP request and DHCP answer handover.

By the way, I've done the following settings:

- Colubris firewall is deactivated

- Allow any IP-Adress to use dynamic IP is activated

- DHCP services is set to "none" (cause it says that for using a relay agent, the DHCP server must be accessable on the internet port)

- Standard gateway is set to 10.0.1.1

Any help is appreciated!

With kind regards

Stephan Schmieg