1760617 Members
3728 Online
108894 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP 420 - Roaming

Jo├гo Pereira
Occasional Contributor

HP 420 - Roaming

Working in a company where they are installed several AP420. All they are seeing is one other.
Where can I configure the Access Point for a client to walk from one location to another the acess point migrate that customer to another acess point? Known as "Roaming".
thanks
3 REPLIES 3
showneek
Respected Contributor

Re: HP 420 - Roaming

Hi, if the access points are connected and bridge traffic to the same wired network/subnet and are configured with the same SSID there is no another configuration needed for "normal" L2 roaming.
Jo├гo Pereira
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply.
But being configured normally have to wait at least 10 min. There is no option to refresh that can tell the acess point which has another acess point closest to the customer?
thanks
Tim Dressel
Occasional Advisor

The only luck I have had with this is to set the roaming agressiveness on the client device to be high. This way as signal gets weak, it will try to associate with a new AP quicker. Realistically though its hit and miss. I have a school where on one floor I can walk from one end of the building to another traversing 5 AP's and I might drop 10 pings (4 minute brisk walk from one end to the other). Normally even things like a file copy will work, but will stall a bit.