Communications and Wireless
1760817 Members
3390 Online
108895 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Wireless problems with Pavilion dv6125se

Matt Macdonald

Re: Wireless problems with Pavilion dv6125se

OP here, after messing with the problem constantly I have found the best thing to do for me is to use the Broadcom Wireless Config Utility. The problem I've found seems to be that the HP network assistant doesn't seem to be registered with Microsoft and has conflicts with the hardware.
Arthur Pelzmann

where did you download that broadcom wireless manager?
and did this solve the problem complete ?

is it easy to uninstall that hp wireless manager ?
any advice would be highly appreciated.
thanks
arthur
Evan Balcaen

I got a Pavilion dv6000 at least i think its a 6000... anyways i was working on it today when out of the blue the wireless internet stoped working. i went into the device manager and "Teredo Tunneling Psed-Interface" shows up with the error sign. so i click on it and it says "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information(in the Registy)is incomplete or damaged.(Code 19)" of course this happened after a windows update. The light on the wireless switch now stays orange (off) when in the on or off position.
the driver is called tunmp.sys. i have tried to replace it with a different driver from another machine, but it says that i have the latest driver installed. i also tried unistalling it but Vista never found it agaian (in add hardware) untill i performed a system restore.

im not too sure what to do.
any help would be appreciated.
richard1k

I also have wireless adapter (broadcom) working problem. I also couldn't download BIOS. Today I found there is new BIOS file at http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&cc=ca&dlc=en&product=3289680тМй=en

BIOS: WinFlash for HP Notebook System BIOS (for Notebooks with AMD processors) - Microsoft Windows/Vista-Based
Dated: 07-2007 ; Version: F.3A ; Size: 3.16M

Have anybody tried it?
Arthur Pelzmann

Sounds interesting,
maybe tis could solve our problem ??? That would be Great.
Has anybody tested it yet ?
cheers
arthur
9Nuke

I have experienced the same problem wit an HP Pavilion dv9000. I managed to fix the problem by opening up the bottom center panel and physically removing and reinstalling the wireless card, including removing and reattaching the two power wires. The power wires have "pop on" connectors, and Im really not impressed with the connection they make. I believe the problem is caused by a bad connection; the wires can come off when the notebook is moved, and may be making only slight contact, which would explain the intermittancy of your problem. The dv6000 series uses the same WLAN card as mine, so I would definitely give this a try. Hope this helps!
Roberta Lewis

I have adv9205us that was working fine for 5 months and now experiencing many of the same problems. Replaced the Broadcomm card after fighting it with HP. Reinstalled drivers so often not sure what i have. Somehow it worked for a few days and then i shut down one night. Now back to the orange light. No doubt it is software -have Vista and using a Belkin router, which is fine on other wireless pcs in the home. Any more findings? HPs wants me to do a complete system redo, which sounds dumb since it will probably happen again eventually if we don't get to the why.
Roberta Lewis

I have HP dv9205us that was working fine for 5 months and now experiencing many of the same problems. Replaced the Broadcomm card after fighting it with HP. Reinstalled drivers so often not sure what i have. Somehow it worked for a few days and then i shut down one night. Now back to the orange light. No doubt it is software -have Vista and using a Belkin router, which is fine on other wireless pcs in the home. Any more findings? HPs wants me to do a complete system redo, which sounds dumb since it will probably happen again eventually if we don't get to the why.
Datagurut

The solution is actually pretty simple:

When you finally give up putting your laptop into sleep mode, restarting and getting frustrated when your wireless deivce is no longer in the device list, do the following:

Open up your network connections from the control panel.

Disbale (don't delete) your LAN and 1394 connections (they should get a red X on them after they are disabled)

Restart the computer.

Now you have wireless and it works like a charm, right. Good.

If you need to use your LAN connection, feel free to enable it again from Netowrk Connections. I have not bothered to test if the wireless if always available if you enable your other adapters.

The reason this happens is a minor conflict. I am sure HP will come out with a small patch if they happen to notice this solution.

Happy WLANning.

Robert
Ankit Bhatla
Occasional Contributor

i tried the above method but it didnt work.

my wlan adapter is still not detected by my machine even aftr disabling the 1394 and lan connections.