Comware Based
1760593 Members
3529 Online
108894 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Whats your experience from HP fixing critical errors found in HP equipment?

Apachez-
Trusted Contributor

Whats your experience from HP fixing critical errors found in HP equipment?

In february 2014 I filed a bug report that DHCP6-PD doesnt update the internal routing table when hading out a prefix delegation to a client (using the builtin DHCP6-server in A5820). Which gives that the client receives a PD and start to use it on the LAN-side, but the traffic is never routed towards the client so its pretty useless currently to use HP equipment for IPv6 deployments.

Now more than 1.5 years later HP has still not resolved this issue...

1st january 2015 the current support contract ran out for our A5820, but we expanded it with another year hoping to see HP taking some kind of action to resolve this critical bug but still nothing...

I will contact those support techs we were in contact with previously but I wonder what is your experience from HP actually resolving bugs found in the comware-series?

And in case some HP rep. is reading this Im looking forward to get some feedback in public what the current status is regarding proper work of DHCP6-PD in 5820 devices.

2 REPLIES 2
raf2
Frequent Advisor

Re: Whats your experience from HP fixing critical errors found in HP equipment?

Thankfully haven't had any critical issues with Comware gear. I've been working with HP/Compaq gear it seems like forever now and luckily like their calculators from the previous century, most of their gear is rock solid.

HP Support unfortunately is not in the same league as their gear. We just had a case open for 3 weeks to fix a memory issue on a server. Had to reopen the case because they closed it too soon. 1st level is always off shore Central America or India.

Apachez-
Trusted Contributor

Re: Whats your experience from HP fixing critical errors found in HP equipment?

The case of the broken DHCP6-PD in HP Comware5 products is now elevated to the "product manager" - lets keep our fingers crossed that this manager will make a sane decision and include this in the firmwares.