4524 Online
108893 Solutions
New Discussion

Comware wireless AP on remote sites - Cash configuration

waelagina
Occasional Advisor

Comware wireless AP on remote sites - Cash configuration

Dears,

I have a solution where two controllers comware 830 are on DC and users on remote branch sites.

The AP work remotly fine and registered to the controller and it has two SSID corporate and guest using preshared kep - psk.

Now if the WAN link goes down the SSIDs disappeared and the AP not working.

Is there a way to have the AP working if no controller access and authenticated users still have service and SSID still broadcasted ?

I need the AP to cash the configuration and keep all users connected ?

I am using de-centralized solution where AP have trunk to access switch and get user IP from local DHCP on branch router.

User ------  AP---Trunk -- ACcess switch --- Branch router <-- WAN Link --->  DC Router -- COntroller.

5 REPLIES 5
Mike_ES
Valued Contributor

Re: Comware wireless AP on remote sites - Cash configuration

Hi,

You need to have feature called Remote-AP enabled on the controllers. In case of WAN link failure from AP to controller, users are still able to stay on-line, but no new users authentication possible. I think this is also true for DHCP leases timers. This is true only, until AP goes to reset. Hope it helps.

Br,

Mike

waelagina
Occasional Advisor

Thank you very much

i configured it and will test

frodrigues
Occasional Contributor

Hi Mike, I'm with the same "problem". I've configured remote AP and when the AP loses connection wlc the users who are already logged continue communicating. The SSID for being propagated by the access point. Is there any way to continue accepting new users and propagating the SSIDs (SSID in local forwarding), even with the loss of connection with the controller?

Mike_ES
Valued Contributor

Hi Rodrigues,

The AP connected to WLC isn't in standalone mode, so I suppose only basic service is avaiable during WAN network outage.

Maybe better idea for your issue (unstable WAN link?) is to order backup or change ISP to better?

Br,

Mike

karthicksaravan
Visitor

Hi, I am trying to setup the remote ap in the branch office. How ever it is not getting attached to the controller in the Data center. Please share the procedure in configuring the remote -ap if any. Please do the Needful...