Hewlett Packard Enterprise Community: Rules of Participation
Welcome to the Hewlett Packard Enterprise Community!
The Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) Community is a peer-to-peer channel to help people find answers, solve problems, and get the most out of their HPE products and services.
If you recognize any violation of these rules, please notify us immediately by using the "report abuse to moderator" feature in the Options menu of the message, or by contacting us directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure a safe and productive forum, we ask that you observe these forum rules:
- Be respectful. Respect your fellow users by keeping your tone positive and your comments constructive. Good or bad, your experiences are always welcome if offered in a courteous way. Respect people's time and attention by providing complete information about your question or problem, including product name and model number. People like helping those who ask good questions.
- Be relevant. Make sure your contributions are relevant to this forum and to the specific category or board where you post. If you have a new question, start a new thread rather than interrupting a conversation. Solicitations inviting members to join, participate in, or buy something, are never relevant.
- Obey the law and keep your word. Don't post anything that would violate any law, or any contractual agreement that you have made.
- Protect privacy - yours and others'. Don't share anything about yourself that you would not want to see on a road-side billboard. Don't post contact or other personal information - your own or anyone else's - or any content that you receive in one-to-one communications without the author's consent.
- Remember this is user-generated content. You'll find plenty of good advice here, but remember that your situation, configuration, or use may vary from that of the individual sharing a solution. Some advice you find here may even be wrong. Apply the same good judgment here that you would apply to information anywhere on the Internet.
- Think before you post. You may not use, or allow others to use, your registration membership to post or transmit:
- "Rants", "slams", or legal threats against HPE, another company or any person.
- Political statements or commentary.
- Off-topic comments not related to a technical or usage issue regarding an HPE product.
- Language that promotes illegal activity or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them.
- Duplicate posts.
- Hyperlinks that lead to sites that violate any of the forum guidelines.
- Any message that solicits or promotes the use of an illegal substance.
- If you are an HPE employee, you must identify yourself as one. You must always be clear that you speak for yourself only and not for HPE and follow HPE policy.
- Do no Harm: You may not interfere in any way with the operations in the forum or with a fellow user's message box, including, but not limited to, mail or "post" bombing, news bombing, other flooding techniques, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks, or attempts to avoid messaging blocking.
- Cooperate with site Moderators and Administrators. You may not evade bans or suspensions or otherwise disregard directions from Hewlett Packard Enterprise Business Community moderators or administrators.
- Please participate in English, so that your fellow community members will have an opportunity to take part in your discussion and provide you with assistance.
The content found in the Hewlett Packard Enterprise Business Community comes from a variety of sources, primarily from community members. The opinions expressed in the Hewlett Packard Enterprise Forum(s) are those of their authors and not of HPE or its subsidiaries and affiliates. HPE makes no claims or representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or truth of any material submitted or found in the discussion areas. HPE is not liable for any website links posted within the discussion areas; website links posted in the discussion areas may link to sites not administered or under the control of HPE and users open such links at their own risk. HPE is not liable for any errors or delays in the content or transmission of postings on the site. Remember that you are responsible for your own decisions to act upon the information provided by community members.
Please remember that you are responsible for all statements made and acts that occur through the use of your user name and password. If your user identification or password(s) is compromised, or if you become aware of any unauthorized use of your account or other breach of security, you are responsible for promptly notifying us. You can notify us by sending an email toï¿½admin.email@example.com
HPE may at any time and without prior notice remove any posted message or thread, delete words from posted messages, or ban your account for violating these Rules of Participation or other site terms.
Forum Moderators and Administrators
You will see some community members have a moderator or administrator logo next to their names. Their primary purpose is to help keep the forum running smoothly and report any issues with the site.
On occasion they will answer questions, particularly those regarding how to use and navigate the site. They will assist you where they can, but remember that they are not HPE technical experts. The Hewlett Packard Enterprise Business Forum(s) is a peer-to-peer channel where the answers come from your peers, not from HPE.
We thank you, and your fellow community members thank you.