108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

D3700 enclosure

SOLVED
Go to solution
x7

D3700 enclosure

Dear HPE folks,

I hope with all my heart that you can help me guys. I have a serious problem and I want a solution
We want to host all our VM's that we use in our interne data center, so we purchased tw  of D3700 enclosure .
And DL380P GEN9 server 
In addition, we have two HP ProLient DL380P GEN8 servers.
What is required is for me to connect the two servers GEN8 to one of the D3700 and the other D3700 enclosure its just for backup  in order to put VM's in them, knowing that the Generation 9 server is connected directly to the D3700 using SAS cable and all my storage appears in it.
My request is how will I connect the other two servers GEN8 to my enclosure
The purpose of all this is to achieve The high availabilty (Vmotion) solution between the servers, cause i have ESXI installed on my 3 servers and i want to cluster them all 
Please guys help me out.

2 REPLIES 2
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Re: D3700 enclosure

Hello,

You may refer to section "Cabling guidelinesтАУdisk enclosure to server or controller enclosure" and "Cabling" for more information about connecting the disk enclosure to the server.

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

Bunsol
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: D3700 enclosure

D3700 is a JBOD meaning that a set of disks(Raid) assigned at a HW raid will be controller by only one Smart array controller/HBA. So for another Controller to access the same array would not be possible at the HW level. There are different types of cluster available which allowing sharing of data within nodes and you can check with the OS team for this.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! Thumbs below!
I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo