Disk Enclosures
1754318 Members
2981 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL360 G7 Raid Controller issue.. (HP smart array p410i)

Hellman_x
Regular Visitor

DL360 G7 Raid Controller issue.. (HP smart array p410i)

I'm upgrading my storage to SAS SSDs.  Spicificly the [DOPA0920S5xnNMRI], which are supported by HPE as they have a SKU with HP.

My raid controller is telling me "there are no available logical drives".  The 146GB 15k drives that came with it work just fine.  I have also tried other drives that 'did not support' HP and unsurprisingly got the same error.  But the fact that these are supported and are still giving me the same error just baffles me. So, I'm at a loss...

7 REPLIES 7
support_s
System Recommended

Query: DL360 G7 Raid Controller issue.. (HP smart array p410i)

System recommended content:

1. HP ProLiant DL360 G7 Server - Standard Models

2. HP ProLiant DL360 G7 Server - Option Parts

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

TVVJ
HPE Pro

Hello,

HPE Smart Array P410 Controller's QuickSpecs on page 14, section "Related Options > HP Hard Drives > HP Solid State Drive" provides information about tested hard drives. If the drives in question is part of the list and the issue arises, then it needs further investigation.

As such, run the Smart Stroage Administrator to verify the hard drives that are part of the existing logical drive. If it is not installed, you may restart the server and press key F5 during POST prompt to launch "Option ROM Configuration for Arrays" (ORCA) and review the setting of the storage subsystem.

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

BPSingh
HPE Pro

Greetings!

DOPA0920S5xnNMRI this seems to be non compatible drive for HPE proliant server: https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-c03561796

The supported drives are listed on the server quickspecs. 

https://www.hpe.com/psnow/doc/c04284501

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Hellman_x
Regular Visitor

Okay...  Begining to not like HPE.  But that's not your fault.  I suppose the solution now would be to replace the p410i raid controller with something 3rd party that'll take any SAS drive.  I would sure hope PCIe components wouldn't need to be HPE proprietary...  But I wouldn't be surprised at this point.

Got anything you'd suggest by chance?

BPSingh
HPE Pro

According to the information provided in the following web link, the specified drive model is compatible with the 3PAR storage box.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-c03561796

For the most efficient and prompt resolution, it is recommended to utilize supported drives mentioned in the quickspecs.

Additionally, could you inform us if you intend to replace the drives and subsequently create a new logical drive?

Alternatively, if you are undertaking a different action, please let us know. 

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Hellman_x
Regular Visitor

I don't plan on replacing the drives, I'd rather not do another return.  I'll likely just get a raid card that can support any SAS drive available.

It's a refurbished server that I use for hosting games, so I really don't need to be locked down to proprietary drives that offer low capacity at a high price.

Hellman_x
Regular Visitor

For anyone wondering, enabling HBA in the P410i card will not let it work either.