1754319 Members
3074 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: MSA 2040 Disck Enclosure Health Test

benyaminsedagha
Occasional Contributor

MSA 2040 Disck Enclosure Health Test

Hi every one , I'm looking for the way how I can test the health of my Disk Enclosure . Is there any way I can test my disk enclosure health?

4 REPLIES 4
ArunKKR
HPE Pro

Hi, MSA 2040 disk enclosure in stand-alone mode has limited health check options.   You could check the LED status of the disk enclosure IO modules to verify the health status. Please visit the following link and check the last image under the title "MSA 2040 6Gb 3.5-inch 12-drive enclosure - rear panel layout" to understand what each LED status indicates:  

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=c03820020&docLocale=en_US#N10AD4

If the disk enclosure is attached to an MSA storage controller enclosure you could verify the enclosure health status from the web management interface of the array (SMU) or by executing below commands from SSH CLI session to management controller  IP:

show system

show enclosures

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

ArunKKR
HPE Pro

Hi , We wanted to follow up and check if the information shared addressed the query. Request you to please respond with a Yes/No. You may also click on "Accept as a solution" button if the issue is resolved.

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

benyaminsedagha
Occasional Contributor

Hello my good friend . Thank you for taking the time to answer my question

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @benyaminsedagha,

That's awesome! 

We are extremely glad to know your concern has been addressed. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo