Super Advisor Super Advisor
HPUX 11.31 Patch management

Hi Gurus,

As you may aware HP  stopped releaseing patch  bundles 2 times in a year for hpux  11.31 OS ..its going to be only one patch bundle per year  frm this year onwards ....its going to affect my  6 months patching policy  ....one of the work around i am looking is   is there any tool  to analyse/generate only security patch report  alone  on my HPUX 11.31 System,so that i can appply  security patches alone  ..i guess if i run swa ,it will generate complete patch report which i dont want to do ..i am looking only for security patch report ......can anyone help

rgds,trng

administrator
Honored Contributor Honored Contributor
Re: HPUX 11.31 Patch management

Incorrect...

HP-UX11iv3 Update Releases (i.e. those releases that include new product versions and are installed using update-ux) have moved to annual release schedules, with the next update release coming in March 2014.

HP-UX Patch bundles (usually referred to as quality packs, and installed using swinstall) remain on a 6 month cadence. The September 2013 quality pack should be available any day if it isn't already available via the support centre.

HTH

Duncan
Super Advisor Super Advisor

Hi Dunkan,

do you mean   sep-13  quality pack bundle/sep-13 patch bundles  for hpux 11.31 will be avl any time soon  ?...ideally  it should be released sep  itself   ,i think HP is delaying that ....pls  help to clarify  as i was speaking one of the HP ASM and he said no  patch bundle (sep-13) this year  for hpux11.31 ...

rgds,suresh 

administrator

Yes thats the case - QPK 1309 should be available soon - its not unusual for the March/September patch bundle to not be released until April/October - you need to get your ASM to check his facts - there is no September 2013 Update Release, but there will be a set of patch bundles.

HTH

Duncan

I should add, I can already see the bundle (QPK B.11.31.1309) on some internal servers - just not released into the wild yet...

HTH

Duncan

The September 2013 Quality Pack Depot for 11i v3 (B.11.31.1309.397) is now available via the HP Support Centre

HTH

Duncan