108895 Solutions
New Discussion

ISL Trunking

SOLVED
Go to solution
generic_1
Respected Contributor

ISL Trunking

Hello. I have two two separate brocade fabrics with hsg80s on them. Both fabrics are zoned, and by separate I mean completely different not A and B redundant sides. However I have a appliance on one side that I would like to see at least one port on the lone HSG80 on the other fabric so I can monitor it easily since it is in another building.

My question is there a way to ISL or a similar feature on the 2800 that would allow me to not combine the fabrics/zones configurations but make a port visable? I figure I could take one of the fibers off the other hsg and put it in a zone the other fabric but I do not want to take away any redundancy either on any controller which makes this a bad option :). I would rather not merge the fabric because other than makeing the other san visable to the appliance the extra traffic and such does me no good. Any ideas?
1 REPLY 1
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: ISL Trunking

You might want to take a look at Brocade's Multiprotocol Router - it's a device that can selectively connect devices from different fabrics without merging them. Else you are out of luck - have a working ISLs and the fabrics will attempt to merge.

If you had CISCO gear, you might string everything together, create different VSANs and selectively connect devices via Inter-VSAN routing.

I am afraid that for both possibilities you will need to spend quite some money, sorry.