3108 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HPE Cluster Manager Software question

Zanger
Collector

HPE Cluster Manager Software question

Hi all,

Let me prefrace this with I barely know what I am doing, so forgive my lack of knowledge. I had an HPC dropped in my lap and told to keep it alive without any training on it. So ELI5!

I have to build out a brand new HPC and was given a half built one. The issue I am running into is that when I provision my nodes (RHEL 8.7), the /etc/resolv.conf file on each node is overwritten with an invalid value. So I SSH into the node, make the change, then use the cm image tools to make a new image and deploy it, and the file is reset.

I beleive my options now are to do post-image scripts but I have no idea where to even start on those, or what to google.

Has anyone ran into something like this? It seems to be looking at the headnode as its DNS resolver, rather than my DNS servers. This causes a resolution issue. I want to either tell my execution nodes to use my DNS server or somehow change it after the image process is complete. Can anyone point me to some documentation or something on how to do something like this? 

Why they gave a windows admin a Linux HPC cluster to build and manage is another story..

4 REPLIES 4
support_s
System Recommended

Query: HPE Cluster Manager Software question

System recommended content:

1. HPE Performance Cluster Manager Installation Guide for Clusters With ICE Leader Nodes

2. HPE Performance Cluster Manager Installation Guide for Clusters Without Leader Nodes

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: HPE Cluster Manager Software question

Hi,

If this is a first time setup, have you consulted with your HPE Reseller or Sales.

Here are some documents which may further help you.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=a00050433en_us

Thank You!
I work with HPE but opinions expressed here are mine.
Recent Support Video Releases

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Zanger
Collector

Thank you guys, I will review the documentation to see what I can find. I seem to have two issues now..  something is resetting /etc/resolv.conf on every node reboot, and I cannot clone nodes and I think it has to do with it trying to update because /var/log/miniroot shows issues with finding packages. 

Trying to get support for it.. seems like its a hard task beause I might not have the required information on the OS/software needed to open a ticket.

Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

I think its best to get support by logging a case with HPE.

Thank You!
I work with HPE but opinions expressed here are mine.
Recent Support Video Releases

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo