New Discussion ī„‚

HPE 3PAR --- AFC - Adaptive Flash Cache configuration

SOLVED
Go to solution
Carlos_Oliveira
Advisor

HPE 3PAR --- AFC - Adaptive Flash Cache configuration

Hi ALL,

I have a customer  here in the region who has a 3PAR8200 with SSD and SAS FC disks, he reports slow reading on the FC disks... he would like to configure an SSD space to do the AFC on the SAS FC! It's possible ? What would be the procedure? Is there a way to do this via creating a VV SSD as AFC? What would be the minimum size in this case when creating the AFC on SSDs?

Thank you in advance... regards,

Carlos Oliveira.

Carlos Oliveira
2 REPLIES 2
AnilKT
HPE Pro

Re: HPE 3PAR --- AFC - Adaptive Flash Cache configuration

Hi Carlos Oliveira,

You can configure the Adaptive Flash Cache on your HPE 3PAR 8200 by using the space from SSD.

Here is the procedure.
1. Login to the HPE SSMC.
2. Go to the main menu.
3. Click on ā€œShow allā€.
4. Select ā€œAdaptive Flash Cacheā€ under ā€œOptimizationā€.
5. You will see the list of systems. Select the system to configure the Adaptive flash cache.
6. Go to the ā€œActionsā€ menu at the top right corner.
7. Click on ā€œEditā€.
8. On the Edit window, select the ā€œModeā€ from the dropdown. In this instance, we have selected ā€œSimulationā€.

Note: Standard mode requires a minimum amount of available SSD space (64 GiB per node pair) and a minimum number of SSDs per node depending on the system model.
Simulation mode does not require available SSD space and provides the opportunity to assess how adaptive flash cache would perform in standard mode.

9. Select the ā€œSizeā€ from the drop-down.
10. You may select the Adaptive Flash Cache state from the dropdown. By default, it is disabled. Here we are selecting ā€œEnable All Volumesā€.

Note: If you select the option ā€œEnabled Volume Setsā€, click on ā€œAdd Volume Setsā€ and you may select one or more existing volumes sets from the system.
11. Click on ā€œOkā€ after making the required selections.

You may also refer the below link to watch the video on creating Adaptive Flash Cache

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/videoDisplay?videoId=vtc00000739en_us

Do get back to us, if you need any furthur help.!

Regards
Anil

I work for HPE.
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

Accept or Kudo

Sunitha_Mod
Solution

Re: HPE 3PAR --- AFC - Adaptive Flash Cache configuration

Hello @Carlos_Oliveira,

Let us know if you were able to resolve the issue.

If you have no further query and you are satisfied with the answer then kindly mark the topic as Solved so that it is helpful for all community members.

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo