1754404 Members
3281 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: D-Class supported OS

Keith C. Patterson
Frequent Advisor

D-Class supported OS

Can anyone tell me if HP-UX 11i is supported on the D-Class?
When I boot from the CDROM I receive fault messages. Could this be related?
Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Michael Steele_2
Honored Contributor

Please respond with the FLT ##### and someone will tell you what it means. (* Usually, not O/S related. *)

Both 32 and 64 bit 11i versions are supported on D Class servers, however, there are limits of 32 bit only for Dx10, Dx20, Dx30, Dx50, and Dx60. See below for the complete listing:

http://devrsrc1.external.hp.com/STK/serversupport.html
Support Fatherhood - Stop Family Law
S.K. Chan
Honored Contributor

From the server model support matrix, yes they do. All of the D-classes can at least run 32bit 11i.
http://devrsrc1.external.hp.com/STK/serversupport.html
What fault message are you getting ?

Angus Crome
Honored Contributor

You need to update your firmware.

The current version for D370-390 is 42.11

The current version for the Lower end D's I believe is 38.46, but I don't know if that covers all of them or just the D200 - D330.

I ran into the same problem updating my D370 to 11.11 from 10.20.

This firmware is also good for the R-Class of the same numeric.
There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't - Author Unknown
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

Yes, I'm running 11.11 on a D380 and a D270 now. Not all D-boxes will run 64-bit HPUX (only those with a PA-8xxx processor) but all of them will run 32-bit HPUX. If you are going to run 64-bit HP-UX be aware that none of your EISA cards will work; you should, in fact, remove them before doing the 64-bit OS install. EISA does work with with 32-bit HPUX. The suggestion to upgrade firmware is a good one.

If it ain't broke, I can fix that.