4272 Online
108833 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MP changing name to ILO

Fredrik Uddin-Backman2
Frequent Advisor

MP changing name to ILO

Hi

According to http://www4.itrc.hp.com/service/patch/patchDetail.do?BC=patch.breadcrumb.main|patch.breadcrumb.search|&patchid=PHSS_33095&context=firmware:osinit
the MP is getting ssh support from fw version 3.13? Do any of you has this working with a regular ILO AB500A license pack? Is it the same pack as we use on our Proliant ILO's? Is it really working on PA or is it only for Integrity machines? Ab500A is only listed as an accessory for Integrity if I look at HP's web but in the readme in above link it clearly states that MP for rp34xx will also change name and functionality to ILO.

Regards Fredrik
4 REPLIES 4
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

Re: MP changing name to ILO

hi,

The ILO was introduced a while ago for the newer RP series, some an optional card you can buy and some like the RP34xx have it built in with the onboard multi function IO board.

These have both the MP serial and lan and an lan ILO port aswell.

I dont think that the ILO advance pack is supported on the pa risc/hpux side, just the standard ILO. As of hpux 11i v1 SIM is also installed by default for better management of the servers.

The AB500A advance pack is a windows only option from what I have read. Someone else may now better if theres a newer version now, especially as you can now run HPUX v2 on the new itanium blades aswell

Andy
Ted Buis
Honored Contributor

The AB500A is not at all the same as the ProLiant iLO. Much different bits, but they are including many of the concepts and addition functionality to the MP adapted from the ProLiant iLO. The AB500A is supported with both HP-UX 11i v1 and v2. on systems like the rp4440, rp4410, rp3440 and rp3410, but not the cell based midrange servers.
Mom 6
UNIXGRUPPEN
Advisor

Thanks for the info. I will order a AB500A license and try this out on one of our RP3410's
Fredrik Uddin-Backman2
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for the info. I will order a AB500A license and try this out on one of our RP3410's