New Discussion юеВ

Posible hardware error

SOLVED
Go to solution
Justo Exposito
Esteemed Contributor

Posible hardware error

Hello,

I have blinking the attention light in my box and I don't know how to view why and how to reset this light.

Can somebody help me.

Thanks.
Justo.
Help is a Beatiful word
9 REPLIES 9
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor

Re: Posible hardware error

What kind of server is it? D, E, G, K, N, L, V, or rp8400?
Live Free or Die
Justo Exposito
Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

I have N and L classes.

Thanks,

Justo.
Help is a Beatiful word
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor

OK, you need to go into the GSP. Do you have physical access to the consoles of these machines?
Live Free or Die
Santosh Nair_1
Honored Contributor

You should be able to go to the GSP by hitting control-b at the console and then checking the system log using the sl command. The attention light is to indicate that something happened recently. Check the logs and see if it something to worry about. Then you can clear the log by acknowledging the entry.

Hope this helps.

-Santosh
Life is what's happening while you're busy making other plans
Stefan Farrelly
Honored Contributor

You'll have to access the Console, and go to SERVICE LOGS, and read the entire ERROR LOG. This will then turn off the orange blinking light. Watch out - the log may be huge and you will have to continually press enter to go to the next page until the entire log is read (especially if you havent read it for a long time).
Im from Palmerston North, New Zealand, but somehow ended up in London...
Justo Exposito
Esteemed Contributor

yes, I have access to the console machine. There are any help command in GPS or some manual about it?

Thanks,

Justo.
Help is a Beatiful word
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor
Solution

Follow Santosh and Stephan's advice, again, from the console type in ctrl-B (control b).

You should get a prompt, and unless someone has set up "accounts" in the GSP, you should be able to hit return TWICE, where you will get a gsp prompt "GSP>". At the "GSP>" prompt, enter in "sl", and then read the logs (you could have many). At the end of each log, you must enter "A" to acknowledge them, otherwise it will continue to redisplay the same one over and over (someone at HP had a sense of humor). To exit the GSP, only after yopu have reviewed your logs, at the "GSP>" prompt, enter "co" to exit the GSP.

harry
live free or die
Live Free or Die
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor

The GSP has a little built in help, and you can list help, when at the GSP> prompt, by entering in "HE". "LI", from within the "HE" section, will give you a list of commands, from there you can select a command, like "SL".
Live Free or Die
Justo Exposito
Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

Many thanks to all, I've got it.

Bye

Justo.
Help is a Beatiful word