3610 Online
108901 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: DRP in SAN

arie_5
Occasional Advisor

DRP in SAN

Hello all
We just had an amazing event. Out of 8 new disks for the EVA 6 were damaged. It took HP 6 days do bring us replacement. I wander how long it will take them to bring 100 disks if a disaster will happened?
Any remarks will be appreciate!
1 REPLY 1
Vincent Fleming
Honored Contributor

Re: DRP in SAN

I'm sorry to hear that you experienced such events, however, the speed in which we replace DOA equipment is different than installed equipment - it's non-critical becuase it's new. They probably processed an RMA to get the new drives, rather than taking them out of Service Stock. That can take a few days.

How long it would take if you had a disaster would depend on your service contract - warranty is best effort, and there are upgraded service contracts for every budget and requirement.

If you're concerned about disaster tolerance, you should purchase a disaster tolerant solution - ie: 2 EVAs with Continuous Access replication between them, and purchase Storage Critical Support to go with it to ensure the highest level of service.

Again, I'm sorry you received so many bad drives - it's very unusual as these drives normally have a very low DOA rate. Perhaps they were damaged in shipment?

Good luck,

Vince
No matter where you go, there you are.