HPE EVA Storage
1754955 Members
3316 Online
108827 Solutions
New Discussion

End of life Flash 2021 Solution for Array Based Management (ABM) or Command View

Denialmix
Occasional Advisor

End of life Flash 2021 Solution for Array Based Management (ABM) or Command View

New config for IE only, edit yourABMorCVaddressIP, create or replace mms.cfg file and save it in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash

#Disable Automatic Updates
AutoUpdateDisable=1
SilentAutoUpdateEnable=0

#Disable prompts to uninstall Flash Player
EOLUninstallDisable=1

#Duplicate actionscript console output
#in browser's console for javascript
TraceOutputEcho=1

#Enable the AllowList feature
EnableAllowList=1
AllowListPreview=1
AllowListRootMovieOnly=1

#Pattern to enable Your Legacy Flash Web App:
AllowListUrlPattern=*://*.adobe.com/
AllowListUrlPattern=*://*.yourCompany.com/
AllowListUrlPattern=*://yourABMorCVaddressIP:2373/
AllowListUrlPattern=*://yourABMorCVaddressIP:2374/

IE is not the default browser, complete the solution and create a shortcut:
"%programfiles%\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" https://yourABMorCVaddressIP:2374

Or shortcut to legacy Flash applications in your Company:
"%programfiles%\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" https://legacy.yourCompany.com

Microsoft released KB4577586 to remove Flash Player. This update is optional and should not be installed, but if so? In the old IE, the Flash Plugin is an Activex control, it is not incorporated. Save the installed Flash files from the directories:
C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash

Yes, if you install KB4577586, Flash will be removed!
Restore the files in their respective folders and register Flash.ocx in each directory.

At the command prompt:
cd C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash
regsvr32 Flash.ocx
cd C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash
regsvr32 Flash.ocx

Your Flash has been restored.

8 REPLIES 8
support_s
System Recommended

Query: End of life Flash 2021 Solution for Array Based Management (ABM) or Command View

Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) recommends:

1.  HPE XP Data Protection Manager User’s Guide (6.8.0)

Accept or Kudo

veeyarvi
HPE Pro

Re: End of life Flash 2021 Solution for Array Based Management (ABM) or Command View

If you restrictions using Flash, contact HPE support. There would be a packaged browser available for all EVAs in support until the EOL - which is December 2021

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Mr_Smith
Occasional Visitor

Re: End of life Flash 2021 Solution for Array Based Management (ABM) or Command View

How to contact HPE support? I cant find...

AlexSaba
Occasional Visitor

Thank you so much. I was using a guide I found on Reddit and using a MMS generator someone linked to in their Youtube video. Seems this array required a couple more lines  (the ones in red) to be added to the MMS cfg file. I am now able to use I.E. again and the website displays the login correctly. 

techin
Super Advisor

@Mr_Smith 

You can refer the Contact Support option on the bottom of this page:

Home | HPE Support Center

erdik

Hello,

First of all, thank you for your advice. I did everything you mentioned. But when I connect the controller I see the following error. Is it still bout flash player or something else.

No storage systems are visible from this instance of HP P6000 Command View for any of the following reasons:

o There may be no storage systems connected to your SAN.

o If there are storage systems connected to your SAN, they may be password-protected. To make your password-protected storage systems visible, click the Management Options button and follow the menus to configure your Storage System Access settings.

o Because of network switch configuration, your storage systems may not be visible. Reconfigure your switches.

o One or more storage systems in your SAN may be running on one controller. Ensure that both controllers in each storage system are connected and running.

How can we connect HP P6000 Command View to Controller 1?

cwidhelm

Is there a location to download the packaged browser?

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Customers with a contract can ask the support for the browser solution.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!