108868 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

failue in FC in rx6600 which connected to msa1000

SOLVED
Go to solution
Dhananjaya Amarakoon
Regular Advisor

failue in FC in rx6600 which connected to msa1000

we have a san setup which is connect 2 rx6600 and msa1000. I have informed there is a failure in FC in one of server.

What are the steps I have to follow after replace the FC in rx6600 server to activate that FC from MSA1000 side using command line tool due to change of wwn number.

Please guide me simply because of I don't have any exp in msa familly and its CLI.

Best Reg
Dhananjaya
4 REPLIES 4
Clarete Riana
Valued Contributor

Re: failue in FC in rx6600 which connected to msa1000

You will have change the WWPN parameter using the SET connection command to now reflect the WWPN of the new HBA. The CLI command to do this is

CLI> SET CONNECTION ABC WWPN="...."

Where ABC is the connection name that was created earlier with the old HBA's WWPN.Just change the WWPN to reflect the new HBA's WWPN

Please refer to the HP Storageworks MSA1000-1500 CLI user guide for more details. This is available at

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01183955/c01183955.pdf

Regards,
Clarete
Dhananjaya Amarakoon
Regular Advisor

Hi Riana

thanks lot for the answer.

By the way I have heard when plug new FB, MSA1000 will automatically detects
and create new connection. So will this make some kind of conflict with new one and
existing one ?

Best Regards
Dhananjaya
Clarete Riana
Valued Contributor
Solution

Hi Dhananjaya,

The new FC will be automatically detected and identified by the WWPN. But if you want the new FC to function the way old HBA functioned, with respect to ACLs,profiles, then you need to follow the step mentioned in my previous reply.

Regards,
Clarete
Dhananjaya Amarakoon
Regular Advisor

Hi

I have replace the FC in rx6600 and encounter following things.

1.) There are 4 FC are connected to MSA and all entries in "show connections" display same name msa-1 for connection name.

after I added the new card it display as

Later when I "add connection" with diff name to new wwnp number unknown change to new name.

due to keep setup as previous, I renamed the newly added card name back to msa-1.

Removed card entry, still there because I didn't have chance to execute delete command because of all entries are used same name ( msa-1).

We tested the system and both card are working properly.

Is this default setup or some one had configured like this previously ?

Regards
Dhananjaya.