New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to view throughtput on EVA3000.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Victor_101
Regular Advisor

How to view throughtput on EVA3000.

Hi
I am trying to measure the performance of my EVA 3000. Any ideas where I can see my thoughtput in figures like mb/sec.
The brochure says 335mb/sec which i think is phenomenal, but i want to measure the performance in my environment since the system came preinstalled with OS and EVA.
I have another issue regarding connecting a Storagetek (Engenio) SATA disk array solution on the EVA SAN FC switched which i will raise as a separate thread. Please view and comment there too.

Thanks ,
Victor
5 REPLIES 5
Leif Halvarsson_2
Honored Contributor

Hi,
There is some performance measure tools for the EVA avialable as freeware. The tools is installed on the Management appliance server and uses the ordinary Windows performance meter as interface. Unfourtunatly I am out of office for the moment so I don't know from where they can be downloaded.
Victor_101
Regular Advisor

Great news Leif,
I can wait till you get in I guess, assuming thats withing a day or two.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Meanwhile I will try to google it..

Victor
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor
Solution

Mark Poeschl_2
Honored Contributor

But beware - there is a serious flaw in the current version of EVAPerf - the Vdisk statistics report on the wrong drive. For example, if you're doing a lot of I/O on the K:\ drive, the stats might show the M:\ drive as being very busy. EVAperf has a problem mapping WWID's to OS drives. HP acknowledges this as a "known issue" to be fixed in the next VCS release. As far as I know the "Host Connection" and "Array Status" counters are correct and could be used to get the overall throughput numbers you're after.
Del_3
Trusted Contributor

Stick around this functionality will be included in the newest release of Command View. - 4.0.