2120 Online
108872 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP EVA

Sandeep Sanjao Figer
Frequent Advisor

HP EVA

Hi,

Is there any way to get this info in an output file quickly? Instead of manually looking at each option, some utilities or command would have been more helpful.
1. Java version
2. BC version
3. model number, size and disks firmware
EMU firmware
3. capacity, occupancy and alarm level for disk groups
4.LED's and controller event log for Critical events

Regards,
Sandeep
6 REPLIES 6
SAKET_5
Honored Contributor

Re: HP EVA

Sandeep,

I take it you are interested in information on the Java Version and BC Server versions running on the SMA, whereas point 3 and 4 in your query refer to the EVA and its attributes.

The source of information for the two is different.

You could use SSSU (Storage System Scripting Utility) for EVAs and use a command called "CAPTURE_CONFIG" to capture all the EVA based information such as the one you are after in point 3 & 4.

BC Version and Java version information can be obtained from a URL on the sma.Let me get back to you on that.

Regards,
Saket.
Ranjith_5
Honored Contributor

Hi Sandeep,

I had replied in detail yesterday to the same query of yours. Bu dont know its not appearing here.

You can use the show command to get the information about various eva components.
Use the SHOW commands to display information about various elements in the currently selected system.

For example
==============
SHOW DISK

SHOW DISK ├в \Disk Groups\Ungrouped Disks\Disk 039"

The first example displays a list of all the physical disks in the currently selected
system.

The second example displays specific information about the physical ├в Disk 039.├в

Detailed help is available on the commandline itself.

Get SSSU and use the following to get the connected to the system

Run SSSU version 3.1 from the windows command prompt.

NoSystemSelected>select manager username = administrator password = administrator

NoSystemSelected>select system "EVA_NAME"

EVA_NAME>

from here on words you can execute the SSSU commands.

Rega
Sandeep Sanjao Figer
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

From all the replies looks like SSSU is the best option to get EVA info. Infact I got most of the info from web interface for EVA except could not get info on Java & EMU firmware. Anyway, knowing SSSU as a good tool was useful

Regards,
Sandeep
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

The EMU firmware revision is in the 'SHOW MONITOR FULL' output:
> Firmware_version : 02020068

(Please ignore this number - it is an old output from an EVA5000 running VCS 2.005)

The SSSU is indeed very helpful because it is the only way to extract configuration information to be able to recover a failed array without too much trouble.

Sometimes I feel like a broken record, because I always advise people to run 'CAPTURE CONFIGURATION' after _EVERY_ change to the system.
SAKET_5
Honored Contributor

Sandeep,

as mentioned, CAPTURE_CONFIG should give you all that except point 1 & 2, instead of you running individual commands.

Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

No, 'CAPTURE CONFIGURATION' just creates a list of commands to rebuild or clone an array - take a look at its output if you don't beleive me. There is no status output for point 3., part of the second 3. and 4.