1754379 Members
3248 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Hp MPIO Full Featured DSM v2.00.01

SV CENTRALI
Occasional Advisor

Hp MPIO Full Featured DSM v2.00.01

hi,I've a Blade BL460c G1 with a S.O. windows server 2003 Enterprise Edition SP2 and a QLogic Fibre Channel,connected with an EVA8000 SAN, managed by HP MPIO Full Featured DSM v2.00.01.
This is a stand alone server, I configure the "load balance policy" to SQST (Shortest Queue Service Time), is it a correct way? I think yes, but for the last 2 months HP Data protector Fail every time when it tries to backup that partition in the SAN,is impossible also to browse some folder,I tried to right mouse in a folder and explorer went down! and restart itself.There are only 90 GB of data in that partition,what is the problem for you? too many files under the directory? What's windows limit about this number? I'm in a big trouble! please help me. Thanks a lot for your help. Luca
3 REPLIES 3
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Re: Hp MPIO Full Featured DSM v2.00.01

Luca,
have you checked Data Protector for the error messages? Another important location is the Windows event log.
SV CENTRALI
Occasional Advisor

Hi Uwe,
thank you for your answer.
In the windows event log I found this kind of errors: Source : Browser Eventid : 8032 (or 8021).Data Protector instead show this message: "reached its inactivity timeout of 7200 seconds.The agent on host will be shutdown." I think that the problem is the excessive number of files, probably for EVA8000 File System. For me is impossible to do
a right click on the root oh the file system,but I can do it on the lower folder.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

The EVA8000 does not expose a file system - it serves data blocks and the Windows server maintains the NTFS file system.

It sounds like you need some Windows troubleshooting - why the Explorer fails.